Chapter 1

It was a cold winters morning, a slight frosty chill hung in the air as a woman with blueish black hair was walking around the small market, her unusual silver eyes would quickly glance around to make sure no one else was around least she end up talking to someone who usually assumed she was blind. And it drove her absolutely insane, yet since it was thankfully very early in the morning almost no one was out and about just yet, except for one man, a man who had grey ashen colored hair and gold cat like eyes that Seemed to see into ones soul and she felt her eyes widen a fraction of an inch with horror before she turned to quickly leave the town.

Geralt had just dismounted Roach and left him in the nearby stable close to the market. He had strapped his sword to his back, and slowly but steadily glided his way through the Now busy streets. Even though moments ago no one but a woman was to be seen. As he walked he noticed people looking at him and he shrugged. He was used to this by now, the sneers, smirks, and just all around judging eyes of people. He knew that in most areas, witchers were seen as monsters. He could hear all the whispers with his heightened senses and felt a certain tug that was just now outside of town. Before exploring the tug, he decided to fill up, at the nearest Tavern. There he was met with more judgement and whispers. The bar maid was a nice, cheerful, beautiful woman, but he decided to think with his other head for five minutes as he found a booth in the back sipping his ale and picking at a plate of food.

The woman was now thankfully out of town, fear was quickly filling those silver eyes as she made sure both of her katana's were on her back. She had yet to eat but with that pull and tug she knew right there she had to run. She was that rare exception to certain rules, she could still feel, still bond with another, and access emotions that should have long been buried somewhere deep inside of her, and it absolutely terrified her.

Letting someone in made her vulnerable, more prone to making mistakes or worse either she or the other would possibly end up dead. She also knew that no one could ever see her for well her, let alone love her. After all, all that awaited her in this life was or would be an empty grave. With out waiting to catch her breathe she let out soft sigh as she exhaled a soft puff of white smoke slipped past her lips so she continued slowly on her way.

Meanwhile in town A man approached Geralt slowly almost warily as he casually acted like he didn't see him sitting there in the far corer of the bar. He sat some coin down on the table before he spoke in a hushed voice.

"We have a wolf problem just out of town. A werewolf. Could you take care of it for us?" The feeble man asked once more speaking in hushed whispers not that it mattered to Geralt, he could hear the man perfectly.

Geralt slowly sat down his ale and tilted his head in almost a bored fashion. "Not enough."

The moan groaned at this and asked, "How much is enough?"

Geralt leans forward and sets his intimidating yellow eyed gaze upon the man. "Hmm." He says shaking his head and going back to his ale.

Around 10 minutes and another ale did the man come up with enough money for his werewolf problem, and around 5 minutes after that, Geralt and Roach set off out of town and into the woods, looking for this beast.

"Ya know Roach, this might be good for us. We can stop saving princesses for a few minutes. After all, I'm no white knight....." he trailed off as he feels the tug again, this time much harder then he had in town, and his senses were telling him to go in a certain direction, so he followed the mysterious pull.

The raven haired woman was now sitting high in tree, her deep silver eyes watching the area around her, she needed to rest, she was cold, not to cold but also tired and hungry, she had been traveling for days at this point.

With a soft sigh she looked up at the sky. "It's going....to snow...." her voice was soft like a whisper, yet gentle and firm, however as soon as she settled against the tree she felt the sharp tug and her silver eyes widened in horror.