Chapter 39

Selene woke first, the sun had yet to fully rise but she had met her need for sleep and she frowned as she heard something rustling in the bushes. Carefully pulling herself away from Geralt she stood up. Making her way towards the noise she stepped carefully, making literally no noise as she also carefully moved around a sprawled out dandelion.

As she moved closer to the sound did she finally step behind the trees and look around, her silver eyes checking each area before she saw a few rabbits and she shook her head. Checking a bit further out she still saw nothing so she turned to head back to the camp where both Geralt and Dandelion were now awake.

"Honestly Geralt does she usually do this?" Geralt grunted still oddly tired. "Only if she's planning to run off." "So now what? Do we go and look for her?" Before Geralt could speak however said woman came out from behind the trees. "Talking about me gentlemen?" Dandelion turned his head so fast Selene swore his neck would break. "And where were you young lady?"

Selene blinked and tried really hard to not laugh so she shook her head. "I woke
Up and heard something in rustling in the bushes so I went to go make sure it wasn't something that could harm us. Didn't realize I would cause such panic though." "You didn't, just not use to wake up without you once I'm with you." Selene looked at Geralt and nodded. "Is that normal for you two?" "Mhm, usually she's awake before I am, but i know where she is."

"So how exactly did that start?" "Hmm, Sel?" "Go ahead." "Sel and I as you know met in the forest, where she actually ditched me while being torn about it." Dandelion nodded and waited for geralt to continue while Selene cleaned up the area. "So it was roughly a few days later when I was in Tamriel and took a job that could have killed me." "What job?" "Breaking a curse on a Striga." Dandelions eyes widened at this.

"How?" "Long story, I knew almost nothing about them, when triss said another Witcher was in the area and it was female. I immediately knew it was Selene, didn't know her name at the time as she refused to tell me." Selene nodded and made a soft sound like a huff so Geralt wrapped an arm around her. "When i found her, she was in an alley way, the market was packed and she was a bit scared, many people, because of her eyes assumed she was blind."

"Well that's rude." "It was. But she usually handled that herself." Selene nodded again as she stayed in Geralt's embrace. "She Told me about the striga, what they were like. So I took her with me to Triss' cottage and then we went to find a man who was the guard at the time, he was the one who cast the curse on Foltest, yet foltest impregnated his sister and cursed her. The child became a striga. Fed off of her dead mothers corpse for 7 years. Killed anyone and everyone she could." Dandelion shivered. "Sel got the truth out of the fucker. So she knocked him out, and we tied him up in the old abandoned castle."

He took a deep breathe before he continued. "It took me all night, of course i thanked Selene, and made her leave, I wasn't gonna endanger her life for nothing. She was already...." Selene looked at him. "Someone I would die to protect." Dandelion tilted his head wondering why Geralt hesitated on that sentence but wouldn't ask. "Once morning came, I woke up in the coffin, the striga was now a normal human girl." His eyes widened. "You slept in it?" "No choice, I could let her hide in it again. Anyway, I was careless and the girl bit my neck so I returned the favor. Selene thankfully arrived with triss and took care of me until she knew I wouldn't die. And then the sneaky annoying little thing that she is." He scowled down are her but she could hear the smile behind his words.

"Took off and left me alone with Triss. Who tried to talk me out of looking for said woman. Two fucking months later, I found her, I caught her sent in a tavern and asked about her. After the old man confirmed someone who fit the description was here did I run off. However she had found a way to change her eye color." Selene nodded and allowed her silver eyes to turn blue and Dandelion gasped, her eyes were beautiful. "So naturally I caught her, brought her back to the tavern, we spoke with the old man, went into a room, no I did not fuck her before you even ask."

Selene shook her head. "We just spoke, when morning came she gave me a fuckin heart attack, I thought someone broke into the room and held her against me. Until she explained it was just her freaking out cause I held her and fell asleep with her. After that we decided we would travel together. Spent a blizzard in her cottage, before we headed to Valen with our friend Lambert who You'll meet soon, we decided to once again take jobs in Valen only after we all had Selene's permission. However that's her story to tell not mine." Dandelion nodded. "So I assume after Valen she left you?"

"You would be right, however it wasn't long, roughly 6 months later we all ended up in Kaer Morhen for a while, it wasn't winter at the time, it was spring but a lot of the spring storms were bad so we headed there. She arrived and stayed with us, until we split up for two years to each do our own jobs and figure stuff out. However it was before Kaer Morhen when Selene and I made everything official." Dandelion was shocked, "I thought you guys hid during the winter."

"Most of us do, that's true, that blizzard wasn't normal and by the time we could have gone to Kaer Morhen all the main roads were blocked off, and portals makes most of us sick. So we toughed it out. However that's enough for now, we need to get moving, by the time we get there it'll be early noon." And with that Selene moved away from Geralt who caught her hand. "Forgetting something?" She tilted her head and dandelion swore it was adorable to watch. "Hmm, I don't think I am." Geralt chuckled before pulling her closer. "Cheeky woman." She laughed as geralt leaned down to kiss her making dandelion look away out of respect.

Once everyone was ready and on their horses did they finally head for Novigrad. And like Selene said, it was early noon once they finally arrived. "Okay, this shouldn't take long, and once we're done here we'll head through Cintra and then take the main route, unless something occurs or someone disagrees." She looked at Geralt as she said this. "That's not a problem Sel, you know this, so while you get your stuff, dandelion and i can stock up on supplies. Sound fair?"

Selene smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "See I knew there was a reason i loved you." He laughed before kissing her forehead. "Oh hush you, now go, before I change my mind and tag along." And with that Selene pulled away and walked off. "Meet me by the gate towards the north!" Geralt nodded and looked at Dandelion. "Well shall we go?" Dandelion nodded and with that they walked off towards the market.