Chapter 45

When Ciri woke it was oddly quiet. Going to sit up she quickly realized she couldn't and felt panic seize her heart and mind. Turning her head she saw that Selene was still asleep next to her, and that Geralt was behind her, with an arm wrapped around both Selene and herself. Feeling herself relax a bit and the fear slip away did she realize that Dandelion was missing.

Looking around the cave it didn't take long until she saw that at some point during the night Dandelion had moved closer to them. Fighting back a smile Ciri closed her eyes once more and slowly drifted back to sleep.

A few hours later Selene started to furrow her brow in her sleep, turning her head slightly as she dug her nails into her skin. Her heart rate going far to fast, her breathing turned harsh and she began to mumble in her sleep. "Z...zarikah....ngh..." She gasped in pain and dug her nails deeper into the skin breaking it as she went.

"Zio...zarikah.." the mumbles broken incomplete, however the mumbling woke
Up Dandelion who looked around to see who could be making the noise when he saw Selene. "Selene?" He watched the way she twitched in her sleep, the way her brow furrowed further. "She said Zarikah...but that means Flame." He was speaking to himself.

However he quickly shook his head and went to call her name to wake her. When all of a sudden she awoke with a blood curling scream effectively waking the other two in the process.

Geralt didn't even hesitate, his sword in his hand within a second, Selene and Ciri were shielded by his arm. Once he realized there was no danger did he sheath his sword before looking at Dandelion who moved over and knelt in front of a hyperventilating Selene.

"Shit, Sel." He placed his hands on her shoulders and Ciri gripped her hand with her own. "Selene, come on talk to us." Dandelion spoke softly, yet Selene didn't respond. "Hmm, I wonder." "What is it Dandelion?" "Zarikah." That had her finally look at him, her eyes unfocused only slightly.

"Zarikah? Dandelion what are you?" Ciri looked at Geralt and motioned for him to be silent for just a moment. "Selene, what is Zarikah?" Blinking slowly she came back to her senses and slowly looked around. She didn't answer the question she just mumbled an apology. "It's okay Sel, just what happened?"

She was silent for a moment before she spoke. "A nightmare....the fall of my hometown." Geralt frowned and held her close. "I'm sorry." She said nothing and Ciri tilted her head before squeezing her hands. Selene looked at her and Ciri stared back. "What does Zarikah mean anyway Sel?" "Flame." "You were mumbling in you sleep, any idea what you were trying to say?"

She frowned for a moment before she bit her lower lip, and her brow furrowed as she tried to remember. "Zio, a Zarikah, vie ódara kes diru." Everyone was silent for a moment. "What the fuck does that mean?" "Language." Selene was silent for a moment. "The flame that pierced darkness will awake."

"That's weird, and you heard that in your nightmare?" Selene blinked "no. My grandma use to say it." "Really?" She nodded. "A bit different though, I can recall some parts of how she use to say it but, it's been years." "Can you try?" She looked at geralt and nodded. "Izan, Mesu iskasa Zarikah. Yera ódara kes diru."

Everyone blinked at this. "Uh, Sel love, I think we need a translation." She blushed a bit but nodded. "I don't think I said it right but, my little one, my little flame, you are what will pierce the darkness." "Hmm, a prophecy maybe. However it feels like Parts missing."

Selene nodded. "I know, I feel like I'm missing something important." "What did she use to call you?" She looked at Ciri and smiled a bit. "It was either Zarikah, which you know is flame, but her favorite was Stomera." "What does that mean?" "Storm or ocean depending."

"Why would she call you those but not your name?" Selene blinked as she thought that over. "She used my name, but I assume she called me those because I was her light, when she was sad, and a storm because apparently I had weird emotions."

"Nothing about you is weird." Selene smiled and kissed Geralt's cheek. "No, my emotions could go haywire and when they did, my grandma would often say the sea reacted to it." "Hmm, interesting thought there." Selene shrugged before looking at Ciri. "However we should get a move on, if we leave now we can make it to Venril in a little less then a week, if we time everything the way we're suppose to." Geralt nodded before he helped Selene stand who in turn pulled up Ciri and then Dandelion.

"So, does that mean no jobs along the way?" She looked at Geralt and laughed. "It wouldn't be us if we didn't take jobs as we went. So yes, might slow us down, but as long as we keep a careful eye on Ciri..." he nodded as he knew what she was going to say. "Great, so who are you gonna ride with Ciri?" The little girl immediately latched onto Selene and they laughed. "Right, Sorry I asked." She giggled slightly as Geralt picked her up and set her on Raven and then Selene climbed up with Geralt's help. Once everyone was ready they road off down the path for Venril.