Chapter 50

A few weeks later they were all finally in Valen, while Selene originally wanted to go to Crows perch she soon changed her mind and they went to the small town of Neris a town Selene usually avoided on her trips. Selene looked at Geralt and then Ciri and stayed back unwilling to enter the town. Dandelion noticed this and stopped. "Selene? What's the matter we need to go inside for supplies."

    She hesitated, not giving an answer and showing no signs of even going to enter the town. "Selene?" She shook her head and finally spoke. "It's fine, you know what we need, I'll take the long way and meet you on the other side." Geralt tilted his head at this, something was clearly wrong. Looking at Selene he motioned her towards him, yet she didn't move, and that's when he sighed and moved towards her. Cupping her face in his hands he made her look at him.

    "Selene, why won't you come with us?" She trembled slightly as she fought back a memory. "I can't....I can't go in there." He raised an eyebrow and Ciri gripped her hand. "What if we hold hands?" Selene trembled again, a violent shiver running down her spine. "Sel? Sel did something happen here?" She looked at him, her silver eyes clearly haunted by some type of pain and he frowned.

    Selene didn't speak she just gripped Ciri's hand and Dandelion found himself holding her other hand. "It's okay, we got you." She took a deep breathe and allowed the two to lead her into town, Geralt kept a hold of the horses and looked around for the market.

   As they walked Selene noticed a tree, a tree she knew all to well. Her breathing sped up, her heart rate erratic, she couldn't calm down, she was starting to relive that day all over again. Her chest felt tight and she let out a pain gasp and Ciri looked at her. "Selene?" Selene couldn't answer however, she was trembling and trying to keep herself from freaking out.

    "Selene? Selene I need you to talk to us. Do I have to get Geralt?" She violently shook her head and tried to leave the town but Dandelion held tight. "Please....Dandelion please get me out of here....I can't it's to painful." His eyes widened and he looked at Ciri who nodded and they both quickly led Selene out of town, or tried to, until someone saw her, someone who recognized her, and before they could leave completely a Stone was throne at her yet it hit Ciri instead. "Ow!"

   Selene looked over and then tilted her head before she saw the stone. Forcing herself to calm down she checked the back of Ciri's head before turning to the man. "You hurt her." He shrugged. "Oh well, she shouldn't be around a freak Eh? Or do we need to tie you back to to the tree and leave you there again." Dandelion's eyes widened at this. And now he understood why Selene freaked out as bad as she did before entering.

    Selene at this point however was angry. "Fuck what you do to me, but the second you harm my child it's when being nice stops." He laughed and Selene growled, moved towards him she didn't even make a sound she punched him in the jaw and watched as it knocked him flat on his ass. The man's eyes widen as he fell on his ass and he stared up at her before anger filled his eyes.

    "You fucking bitch! How dare you put your filthy hands on me!" She snorted. "Yeah, I dared, touch her again, and I'll slit your fucking throat." He shuddered this time, yet made the mistake of standing and going to hit Selene who stepped back just as a gloved hand grabbed the man's arm. "Any reason why you thought it was a good idea to hit my girl?" Selene looked over and saw Geralt standing there, a bag at his side and an angry expression to his face.

   "She...she threatened to kill me!" Dandelion glared this time. "Right, only after you threw a rock at her and it hit my niece instead, and then you threatened my sister. So I think her threat was justified." Geralt's eyes widened and he didn't think he just twisted the man's arm and within moments he heard the breaking of bones and the man howled in pain.

    "Dandelion, I wanna know what he said to Selene." He shrugged, while Geralt had already broken the man's arm he had a right to know. "He threatened to tie her back up to a tree and leave her there." Geralt swore, before he knocked the man out. Grabbing Selene's hand he just about dragged her out of the town, dandelion and Ciri right behind him. Before they could leave however a guard stopped them. "Halt, you've harmed one of our civilians."

    "He harmed one of us first, we just defended ourselves." "I don't believe you." Selene was aggravated at this point. However that's when a woman walked over, "they speak the truth you damn brute, if you don't let them through I'll damn well gut you myself." The man looked over and paled. "My lady....I...I didn't know..." she snorted. "Oh shut up, move I wish to speak to the one they called Selene."

    Selene blinked suddenly worried as to why this woman wanted to speak with her. "What is it ma'am?" She shook her head. "Please, call me Layla. I wanted to apologize to you and your family." She shook her head. "It's alright..." "it is not, I will not allow my men to get away with harming anyone, especially after what they did to you the last time you were here."

    Geralt's looked at them and tilted his head. "I wish to know what happened last time. If that's possible ma'am." She nodded. "Of course, and call me Layla like I've already said. If you don't mine coming with me, we can talk in private, while Selene can officially tell us about that day." Selene sighed as she realized that there was now no way to avoid this. "Alright, we'll go with her and then I'll explain." Geralt nodded and kept hold of her hand while Ciri took the other and Dandelion being well Dandelion held Ciri's other hand and followed Layla to her home.