Chapter 52

Selene was sitting in the room that Layla had allowed her to use for the night, while Ciri was right next door and the boys across the hall. However as much as she tried to sleep, it seemed to constantly elude her. With a frustrated sigh she sat up and began pacing the room. Sleep, she needed to sleep but she couldn't, she couldn't sleep. Mumbling to herself she had no idea that her bedroom door had started to open and a pair of golden eyes watched the now pacing woman with worry.

    Carefully slipping into the room he closed the door behind her before he gently grabbed her shoulders. Silver eyes looked up only slightly startled but soon relax as she saw it was only Geralt. "Geralt, you startled me." He frowned. "I'm sorry, but I heard you pacing, are you okay?" "I don't know, I can't sleep and it's driving me insane." He sat down on her bed and pulled her down next to him. "Is something on your mind?"

     She sighed as she ran her nails through her hair which for once hung down her back free of any braid and cords. "I think it's being here, in this town, I only have bad memories of this place after all." He slowly nodded as he understood what she meant. "I'm sorry Sel, maybe we should have left." She sighed. "No because those two deserved at least one night in an actual bed." He weakly smiled at this and made her look at him. "You're always putting someone before yourself, and while I love that about you, I also need you to take care of yourself as well."

     She slowly nodded and kissed his cheek. "I know, so would you be willing to hold me?" He blinked before he chuckled. "I'll always hold you Sel, now c'mere. Let's lay down and get some sleep." She laughed softly and laid down next to Geralt who easily wrapped his arm around her holding her close, His one hand under his head and the other on her waist. Selene laid her head on his chest and placed her hand over his heart while her other hand rested just over her stomach.

    "Goodnight Sel." "Night Geralt." He watched as she closed her eyes and didn't have to wait long until her breathing evened out. Smiling to himself he finally allowed his own eyes to close as he fell asleep holding onto Selene tightly.

     *dream.*

  "Stomera...stomera iska na me?" Storm where are you? Selene looked around trying to find the voice, silver eyes darting everywhere but she saw nothing. "Stomera." Selene turned at the sudden voice behind her and froze as she saw her grandmother. "Grandma?" "Yes my Little Stomera, it's me." Selene's eyes filled with tears.

    "But how, you're dead." "You're dreaming my little one." Selene slowly nodded and tilted her head. "What's going on? Why am I hearing it again?" Her grandmothers blue eyes widened slightly before she spoke. "It must be time." "Time? Time for what?"

     "Time of the elder blood. Have you found the child named Cirilla?" Selene blinked suddenly confused. "How do you know of her?" Her grandma chuckled. "Oh my little Stomera, you're dreaming, of course I know about her. The same way I know you've found your destiny with Geralt as well." Selene blinked before groaning and her grandma laughed. "Yes little one I know that too. I know how much he loves you too." Selene said nothing this time.

     "Tell me, what is it you heard this time?" "Zio, a Zarikah, vie ódara kes diru." Her grandma was silent for a moment. "I see, you're missing part of it." Her eyes widened. "What part?" Her grandma gave her a soft smile. "I'm not sure, but think Selene...look deep inside of yourself and you'll remember it." Selene wanted to argue but knew it would be pointless. Looking at her grandma she saw a sad smile. "Grandma what is it?" "Nothing my Stomera. Just, you need to wake up now, wake up." Selene's eyes widened at this.

    "What no. Grandma please! I have so much I want to ask you." Her grandma hugged her. "I know my little one, i know, but for now, wake up, wake up Selene, my Stomera wake up."

    *dream ends*

  Selene woke up with a start, her eyes widen and her breathing uneven as she looked around gasping, next to her Geralt was still asleep but the sun was now rising and she could hear people moving around. "Fuck.." she whispered to herself, now she was awake and there would be no going back to sleep so she simply closed her eyes and began to focus on what her grandmother told her.

    Geralt slowly woke up at the softest sound and looked over to see Selene wasn't next to him. Sitting up startled he found her on the floor kneeling like she normally would when she meditated. Slowly he calmed down but he was confused, why was she meditating and not asleep? He went to go and shake her shoulder when all of a sudden his hand was zapped.

    "What the fuck?" He looked at Selene and frowned as he tried again this time he was zapped once more. "Son of a bitch. Selene? Selene can you hear me?" Selene however didn't respond, she was looking, searching for what was missing. It was only when Geralt yelled fuck did her eyes open and she stared at him.

   "Thank gods you're okay." She tilted her head and saw his hand was now red. "What happened?" "Hell if I know. I tried to touch you, see why you weren't asleep and i got zapped three different times." She blinked. "I'm sorry, I have no idea how that happened. But I woke up after dreaming...." he raised an eyebrow.

    "Dreaming of what?" "My grandma." His eyes widened at this. "Shit, are you okay?" "Yeah, a bit shocked, confused and hurt but I'm okay. She said something though." "What did she say?" "The time of the Elder blood is coming. She knew about Ciri, and you but i knew she knew you. And then I told her about what I've heard...and she like I already thought said I'm missing something."

    He frowned "is that why you were meditating?" She nodded. "And?" "Nothing, i heard you curse before I found anything." He sighed and cupped her face. "Think Sel, what could it possibly be?" Selene frowned as she tried to think of what it could be, and no matter how hard she tried it kept slipping away. "Ugh! I can't get it." He rubbed her back as he tried to sooth her. "Shh, it's alright Sel, it'll come to you. But why don't we get dressed and meet the others downstairs?" She nodded In defeat and he sighed before he kissed her softly.

    "No, no beating yourself up, it'll come when it's ready, now if you're not downstairs in the next 10 minutes I'm coming back for you." That made her smile and she watched as he left the room. Shaking her head she stood up and changed her clothes before putting on her boots and pulling her hair up. Putting all her belongings into a bag she started to head downstairs when she gasped. She could hear it. Without missing a step she was back downstairs in record timing and geralt looked over with a raised eyebrow.

    "I know what it is!"