Chapter 61

A few weeks had passed since that day in the library, and Selene, no matter how hard she tried couldn't get out the words to tell Geralt what she had heard. Because every time she tried she was overcome with a splitting headache and it made everyone else sick with worry. However, the war with Nilfguard was just about over, having finally been defeated in one of the smaller towns and the help with those who could openly use magic.

    A few people died but, it was a price well payed for the lives of many. Even Ciri, who was now in full time training at Kaer Morhen. Selene still had no idea what her role was suppose to be, and she supposed that was for the best. For now everything seemed to be at ease and the world was slowly becoming better as trade flourished once more. Selene was still curious as to the voice she heard that day, but hadn't heard it since, and she didn't let that phase her. She was content and at peace, the dark clouds seemingly started to disappear.

    However peaceful times were just that times of peace, Witcher's trade had also flourished, meaning Selene along with many others were able to leave and do jobs. Geralt however stayed behind while Ciri trained and only on a few and rare occasions did he leave as well. Years had passed and soon Ciri vanished, having gone into hiding and while it upset Selene and Geralt, they knew it was for the best, they knew that she had to hide because many would want this girls powers for themselves.

    The last night selene spent with Geralt was a night she would never forget. They spoke in the softest of whispers, each one knowing what was coming. "So you'll leave come morning...." she nodded "yes, but not forever Geralt, I'll always find my way back to you, and vise Versa. But right now, right now I need to figure out some stuff."

    Geralt sighed as he held her close to him. "I know, and while I don't like being apart from you, while it will most likely drive me insane, I know I can not stop you from doing what you need to do."  Selene nodded and kissed his cheek. "We'll find each other again. You know this. But I need to find out what these whispers are. Why I hear them, what they even mean."

   He nodded "I know and I hate it, i fucking hate how you can't find what you need here." Selene placed her hand against his chest. "I know Geralt, Trust me I know. And if there was another way i would take it in a heartbeat. But we both know I must do this alone." With a weak sigh he pulled her close and hummed against her hair. The sun was now rising meaning they hadn't been up very long. "You'll be leaving soon won't you?"

   "Yes, once the sun is a bit higher in the sky." He felt his heart break slightly but only ended up holding her closer. "I'll miss you Selene of Vesina." She smiled softly "and I shall miss you Geralt of Rivia." And with that the two lapsed into total silence. And true to her word once the sun was high in the sky she was saddling up Raven.

   "Now you're not leaving without a hug right Selene?" Selene turned and saw Eskel and Lambert and shook her head. "Of course not." And with that she walked over and hugged the both of them. "Be Safe little Sis. And don't forget you can call on any of us if you need help." Selene laughed the sound soft and beautiful. "I know I won't forget. Thank you both, for everything." The Two nodded and stepped back as Vesemir walked over.

   "Not gonna Forget me are you little one?" Selene looked at Vesemir and smiled softly "I could never forget you papa Vesemir." And with that she ran over and hugged the older men tight. "Be Safe Selene..." she was silent for a moment before she finally spoke. "Always." And with that she pulled back and looked over at Geralt who seemed as if he wanted to cry but wouldn't, not that he really could anyway.

    Taking a deep breathe she walked over to him and he didn't even wait, he just pulled her to him and held her close. Burying his face into her neck as she simply held him. "I love you." "I love you too...I won't ever stop." They stayed like that for a few minutes, neither one wanting to let go. However they had no choice. So she slowly pulled away and Geralt stiffened as he watched her slowly walk over to raven and climb on.

   Leading Raven over to the gates she looked back only once before she turned away and clicked her tongue urging raven into a run. They all stood there for a few minutes, no one knew what to do. Selene had left and it was like time had stopped. Vesemir sighed before he finally spoke. "Well now what?" No one spoke for a moment. "No idea old man. But I guess most of us will leave next. After we stock up of course." Vesemir nodded at lambert and looked at the gates once more before he and the others left for the building leaving Geralt alone. Said man stood there, he wasn't sure for how long, but he did, he stood there and stared at the gates only coming out of the trance as he felt the first drops of rain hit his skin. Shaking his head he started walking back to the school. "I'll see you soon selene."