Chapter 10

As they made their way back towards the tavern Selene noticed how Geralt still hadn't let her arm go, but she also saw several people smile at them and she blinked confused. "I don't get it." Geralt raised an eyebrow "you don't get what?"

"Why has no one lashed out?" "I'm not entirely sure but it's a nice change if you ask me." Selene only nodded in agreement which made Geralt frown a bit. He wondered what she had endured all this time but he figured that now wouldn't be the time to ask.

"Umm." Geralt blinked and looked over at her and tilted his head, he was waiting for her to continue. "Can you uh...let my arm go?" Geralt blinked before he realized that he indeed still had a grip on her arm.
"It's not like I'll run off again, you would only stop me."

He chuckled before he let her arm go. "And how right you are." Selene blinked before she shrugged and led raven over to the stables. However before she could climb down Geralt was beside her and helping her dismount.

"Um, thanks I think." He chuckled. "You're welcome Selene." She blinked before she rolled her eyes. "Oh now you use my actual name." He simply chuckled as he led her back inside of the tavern, this time making sure she was in his sight at all times.

Looking over Selene saw the old man and he gave her and geralt a wide smile revealing his crooked teeth. "Welcome Miss and Witcher." Selene only nodded and geralt looked at him with a slight smile.

"I see destiny has reunited you both." And before she could curse geralt spoke first. "I got lucky, she hadn't made it outside the gates yet." The man only smiled. "I'm glad you caught up to her." "That made two of us."

Selene however shrugged. "I would have preferred to keep running." Geralt only sighed and the old man frowned. "Why? You can not avoid destiny after all." She snorted and both Geralt and the old man blinked.

"Destiny can kiss my ass. Why should I care about what destiny wants?" "Sel...." geralt frowned, now he was able to feel that something was wrong. "Why would you say that young miss?"

She looked at the man and he almost shivered, those silver eyes were full of nothing but pain. "Because, all that waits for me weather it's this life or the next is a cold Empty Grave."

It was silent for a few minutes before geralt squeezed her shoulder. "That's not true Selene, why would you say that?" However Selene didn't answer this time she only went silent as she looked away.

Geralt sighed as he realized he wouldn't get an answer so he carefully made Selene sit before he sat beside her. "Not to randomly change the topic but, why is no one attacking us, or freaking out at our mere presence?"

The old man nodded towards Selene. "Because of her, the White rose, or as many called her the white Witch. She saved this town from a vampire, a bruxa who was killing our women and animals. She asked for no payment, she didn't even know of the issue, she just caught the bruxa in action and without a single thought for her own safety or life saved all of us."

Selene blinked as she recalled this. "I remember that. But I'm surprised anyone remembers it after I just took off." The old man chuckled. "I did, so did the women you saved, and they spoke of you often. Wondering if you were alive and safe."

Selene was oddly silent, all because she did one kind thing, the town treated her and Witcher's. "Thus we started calling you the white rose. Some still say you're a witch but I know better.." once more she was silent and Geralt was amazed.

"However, imagine my surprise when you come into town with pure blue eyes. It was a shock but i still knew you from the swords on your back." Selene however was now faintly blushing. "I'm not sure how you did it and I won't pry into it. Just know you and your friend are always welcome here."

Geralt placed a hand on Selene's shoulder and squeezed letting her know that it was going to be okay and she only shrugged choosing to remain silent.

After a few moments the man looked at them both and spoke. "You're both bound by Destiny, that is undeniable. However i know the young miss's name but not yours." "Geralt of Rivia." The man smiled. "It's a pleasure to meet you both, please stay the night and tomorrow leave if you wish, or ask around I'm sure we have work that might need a Witcher and well...."

Selene sighed. "I'm also a Witcher, the only female out of hundred who survived the mutations." The man grimaced because from what he understood surviving that let alone going through it was pure hell. "I'm sorry." Selene simply shrugged before she looked away.

"Alright you two, I'm going to head to my home and I suggest you two get a room. Have a good night and I'll answer more questions tomorrow."
And with that the old man left, leaving Selene and Geralt alone in the tavern.