Chapter 55

A month or two had passed and Ciri and Selene had been separated from Geralt and Dandelion. "Selene?" "Yeah Ciri?" "Do you think we'll find them?" Selene frowned, for once she was unsure of what to say. "Of course we will, and together we'll all go to Kaer Morhen, You'll see." Ciri looked over at her and it was easy to see the girl was afraid.

I mean who wouldn't be, they were ambushed, attacked, forced apart. Selene had only gotten lucky when she grabbed Ciri, because in that moment an explosion occurred and Selene just barely had time to shield them with quen. "You think the horses are okay?" "I would hope so, I mean we cut them loose just as the first idiot showed their face."

And it was true, Ciri used the dagger Selene had given her and cut loose the reigns allowing all four horses to take off. "Actually, lemme try..." Ciri raised an eyebrow and watched. Selene moved her hand so her fingers were at her lips, however before she could make a sound did Ciri scream as someone grabbed her by the shirt. "Gotcha!" Selene looked over and glared. "Let her go."

"I don't think so, she the key I need you see. The key to Nilfgaurds future." "I'm sorry that wasn't a request. And I surely don't give a fuck about that. Now let ny daughter go!" Ciri's eyes widened, Selene had only ever called her that a few times, but now she could see how much she meant it. Without thinking she stabbed the man's leg and he howled in pain which allowed Ciri to run over to Selene.

Selene drew her sword and waited but a moment. The second the man drew his own sword did Selene start fighting back. Sword clashed against sword, sparks flew as they collided. Ones gaze was sharp and intense, the others was crazed and desperate. Selene jumped back and blocked the following blow. Scowling to herself she tried to think of a way she could end this.

Taking her stance the man watched her, he needed to end this quickly and take Ciri. However just as Selene stepped left he went to block only for his eyes to widen and she seemingly vanished and appeared behind him. "That's for harmony my child." And before the man could beg for mercy she had sliced his head clean off.

Looking at Ciri she put her sword away and without a moment more let out a shrill whistle. "What was that for?" "If our horses are nearby they'll hear the whistle and come running." Ciri nodded as Selene walked towards her. "Are you alright though?" "Yeah, I'm alright, are you?" "Mhm, I'm fine." Ciri smiled a bit and hugged her. "Thank you." "No need Ciri, you're my kid, I'll always protect you."

Selene held Ciri tight, like she was afraid she would vanish if she let go. However in that moment Selene looked up just as Raven and Kelpie ran into the clearing they were now in. "And there are our horses." Ciri looked over and smiled at this. "Glad they're alright, how did you vanish though?" Selene simply shrugged. "Dunno, but let's get out of here before anyone else shows up that we don't know." And with that Selene hoisted Ciri onto the horse and she climbed onto raven. "Okay, next stop, Kaer Morhen." And with that the two took off, each hoping that Geralt and Dandelion were alright and already there.

Meanwhile with Geralt and Dandelion. The two were on the path that would lead them to Kaer Morhen and each hoped that they would find Ciri and Selene along the way. "That ambush was insane." "Hm, it was, and Selene Aimed Igni at the fire which caused the explosion."

     "You think they're okay?" "They damn well better be, our best bet though stay on the path. Selene isn't stupid, she would take Ciri right to Kaer Morhen." Dandelion frowned a bit. "She wouldn't look for us?" Geralt was silent for a moment as he thought that over. "She would want to, but her first priority is making sure Ciri is safe and unharmed." Dandelion blinked before he sighed. "That's true, her mother like instincts wouldn't allow her to put her child in danger...however."

    Geralt stayed silent waiting for him to continue. "How is your head? You hit it hard when you tried to save both Roach and Sal." "It's fine, healing nicely, your shoulder?" "Hurts But I'm alive."

     Geralt nodded before he stiffened. "What's wrong Geralt?" "I smell blood." Dandelion's eyes widened in horror. "Please tell me it's not Selene or Ciri..." "doesn't smell like them, but i can smell Selene's scent. So they had to of been nearby."

     "Then let's hurry, maybe they already made it to Kaer Morhen." Geralt nodded and the two took off quickly, each urging their horses to go as fast as they could.