Chapter 47

Selene blinked as she stared at them and crossed her arms. "Do you not want me to say that?" She tilted her head, brow furrowed as she watched Ciri carefully. Before anyone could speak the lil girl was tackling Selene and hugging her. "No, it just made me really happy." Selene simply smiled as she rubbed her back.

"I didn't realize how much it meant to you." "It means a lot." Selene was silent as she let Ciri hold onto her. "Anyway Master And Lady Witcher, your reward for the job." He handed over a pouch full of coin and Selene nodded as Geralt took it. "Thanks, now if you don't mind, we had a long trip and we really just wanna head out and rest."

The old man smiled and nodded as the small group left. As they walked Selene heard hushed whispering. "Stomera, Viena, aka vie kir Zarikah." She looked around and tried to remember what it meant, but found herself drawing a blank.

"Sel?" "Hm?" "You spaced on us. You okay?" "Yeah, I just heard whispering again." "What did you hear this time?" She hesitated for a moment before she told them. "Stomera, Viena. Aka vie kir Zarikah." They looked At each other then her. "Translation please?"

She shook her head. "I would tell you it, but I don't remember what it all means." Dandelion frowned and Geralt rubbed her back. "It's okay Sel, it's been a long day." She sighed as she chewed on her lower lip. "Storm, unless it means ocean here." He nods "ocean, hear, pierce the flame." Geralt sighed as he listened. "Still doesn't make much sense."

"I know, I'm sorry, but again it's only what I recall and what I'm hearing." "I know Sel. Now come on, these two need sleep." Selene blinked as she wondered why he was suddenly in a rush. He looked at her with a slightly raised eyebrow and all of a sudden it came back.

"True, besides Im still tired as well." He simply nodded at this and continued walking. "Come on then, I would rather you be inside and in a bed." She laughed. "What don't like carrying me?" He chuckled "oh no Sel, I love carrying you, for many reasons. But you'll sleep better in a bed." Yet his underlying meaning was not missed by her.

She nodded at him and it wasn't long before they all arrived at the cottage. "Hm, when did you expand it sel?" "Bout a year ago." "So around...." "oh yeah. Around the time I left you." He scowled at the memory. "I'm still..." "I know Geralt." He sighed and walked over to her before picking her up which forced Ciri to finally let go of her hand.

"Geralt!" He laughed at this and Dandelion watched them. "Why don't I take Ciri for a walk? This way Selene can sleep in peace." Both Selene and Geralt shared a look that simply said no. "No, we don't..." "but, you need rest, I'm not tired anymore." Selene frowned. "And what happens if someone shows up to hurt you? Or take you from me?"

Ciri frowned at this and Dandelion spoke up. "You taught me how to defend myself. I'm sure I can keep Ciri safe as well." Selene went to say no again when geralt spoke first. "Fine, but she wears her hood up, she tells no one her name either." Selene looked at him and frowned. "Come on Sel, this place is safe, no one here would harm her."

Selene however remained silent. Geralt sighed but nodded at the two to go and Selene walked inside the cottage slamming the door behind her. That however made all three wince. "She's definitely not happy about this." "She'll be fine, she can't expect Ciri to stay trapped inside all day." Geralt sighed at this.

"Yeah well I'm the one whose gonna face her wrath for it. I understand her worry and why she doesn't want Ciri walking around, but at the same time I don't want her to feel trapped." Dandelion nodded and looked at the door. "Maybe try to explain."

Another slam was heard and they all flinched. "Never mind she heard us." Geralt sighed and went inside and Ciri looked at Dandelion. "She's mad at him because he sided with you." He sighed again. "Trust me I know, but she taught me how to defend myself, and I figured Geralt wanted to spend some time alone with her." "Why not just say that from the start? Instead of having them now at odds with each other."