Chapter 53

"I know what it is!" Geralt's eyes widened and he saw the smile on her face before he nodded. "Then tell us before you somehow forget it again." She rolled her eyes before she spoke. Her voice almost other worldly "Zio, a Zarikah, vie ódara kes diru. As Ena vesu no, Stomera ika Zarikah ven Daru." Geralt blinked and everyone else looked confused. "It means, The flame within the storm that will pierce the darkness that's awaiting and calm the storm. The darkness will end."

     "So it is a prophecy." "Yes it is, and the most crucial part of it I now remember. However we need to find out who it's about, I can bet part of it's related to Ciri." Geralt frowned a bit "hm, maybe, but maybe not we know she's a child of the elder blood. But what her actual role is I don't yet know."

   Selene nodded as she frowned a bit. "That's true, shes a child of prophecy and Elder blood, to which we can discuss later. I believe now we should head to Kaer Morhen and from there try to figure out who or what this other part is related to." He nodded. "Worse case we consult someone who understands high elder speech. While you know it, hell Carla damn well made sure you were fluent in it, we still could use the extra help if that's what it comes down to."

    Selene nodded and went silent just as Layla joined them in the hallway. "Leaving without breakfast?" Selene rubbed the back of her head almost looking embarrassed. "Yeah, we have a really long trip ahead of us and we could use the head start" Layla shook her head. "Nonsense, you four will stay for breakfast and shall be given more provisions for your trip. I can not let my honored guests leave empty."

   Selene wanted to argue and say that wasn't necessary but knew she had to bite her tongue when she looked over and saw Ciri staring at her. "Oh all right, we shall stay for breakfast. But not a moment longer." Ciri smiled and Dandelion nodded. "Excellent, now I'll have one of the servants get what you need. If you have list I will gladly take it and look it over." Selene looked at Geralt who pulled out a piece of parchment and handed it to the woman.

    "Hmm, all of this is easy to acquire, you shall have it all plus more after breakfast. Especially since I don't see food on here." "That's because we hunt or fish."
Layla shook her head. "Hush my friend, I will provide extra food. And some jackets, eventually the cloaks will not be enough." Selene looked at Geralt and he shrugged. So with a sigh Selene relented and they all followed Layla into the dining room.

    As they sat down to eat Selene noticed that a few people were staring at her and she rolled her eyes before attempting to ignore them. "Selene whats the matter?" Selene looked at Dandelion and shrugged. "It's nothing Dandelion." He wanted to push the issue but the look in her eyes said not to. And that's when Geralt spoke up. "It would seem people have a staring issues." Layla raised an eyebrow and those around them quickly apologized and left the room.

   Layla sighed softly. "I'm sorry, while I'm sure they meant no harm, I would not like any of you to feel uncomfortable." Selene shrugged having become used to the stares. "It Doesn't affect me but when it comes to the rest of my family I would like them to not stare. However i have one question for you." "Of course Selene ask away."

    "How did you come to be in command, last I knew it was a man." Layla put down her fork and looked Selene dead in the eyes. "He became mad. Started trying to take care of a Witcher's job by himself, was cheating people out of money, went as far as killing innocent people just for practicing medicine." Selene stiffened this time. "That's horrible."

    "Indeed it was, so a group of men finally assassinated him. With that having occurred everything fell into chaos. So I took over. Within a few months I had everything running smoothly and even Witcher's had returned." Geralt spoke this time. "If we had known what your people, well before they were your people had done, we would have turned our backs on this place like we did to the rest of Valen."

   Layla nodded. "I would have understood. I heard that the Witcher's had forsaken Valen, which meant we had been as well. Your return, how did that come about?" Geralt nodded at Selene. "Her orders, and her orders alone. Once she agreed we returned as we have here." Layla nodded. "I see, thank you. Shall I assume this is a private matter?" "Yes, but I will say this." The woman looked at selene. "What those of Valen had done have been forgiven. I can never allow a future Generation to suffer for the mistakes of those of past times."

    Layla's eyes widened before she smiled. "Such conviction behind those words." Selene nodded and soon they all finished their meal. "Very well, Safe travels. And please visit again. Those of us here will welcome you with open arms." Selene nodded and looked at Geralt who had just finished saddling the horses.

    "Also your provisions as promised." With that she handed four bags to Selene and her silver eyes widened. "This is to much." Layla held up a hand. "Please Selene, take it, I'll feel better once I know you and your companions are well prepared for this Journey." Selene slowly nodded before they arranged the bags on the horses. Geralt motioned to Ciri who walked over and was easily picked up and placed on her own pure white horse.

   Selene shook Layla's hand and walked over before climbing up onto her horse. Geralt and Dandelion had also mounted their own horses at this point so with one last goodbye the small group was soon gone.