Chapter 21

When Geralt woke the spot next to him was cold but he could hear Selene's voice from the next room so he simply relaxed before standing up and walking to where she was.

    Lambert looked up at the sound and Selene arched an eyebrow before she felt two arms wrap around her waist and a chin on her head. "Right morning Geralt." He chuckled his voice deeper from sleep. "Morning Sel, everyone else." Lambert felt his jaw drop before he quickly composed himself.

   "Anyway Drew, the place I'm going to take you to is perfectly safe, it's a town not to far from here, it's called Venril, they welcome all, mythical beings as well, and last I knew that's where a sorceress named Keira live, she can teach you to control your chaos." Geralt simply listened to what Selene was saying as he tightened his grip on her.

   "Alright. Can one of you explain what's going on?" Selene looked over at lambert confused. "What are you on about?" "Why is Geralt all over you?" Selene rolled her eyes this time. "Right, so I'm not giving you an answer, Drew why don't we get your stuff and head out to the stables, while these two act like overgrown children."

   Drew laughed but took Selene's hand and walked out of the kitchen with her, after Geralt let her go of course. Before he could follow however Lambert stopped him. "Look Geralt, I get it, we're friends but that's my sister you're touching." Geralt narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms. "First off, Selene almost died saving that kid, two, holding her lets her know in our own way she's safe, and three, you're not her boss or mine, I'm not going to hurt her. I would let her stab me before I even could."

   Lambert frown and crossed his arms. "I don't like it, first guy she actually talks to and hangs around and it just had to be you." Geralt shrugged. "Blame destiny as other idiots like to call it. But you won't hear me object to it....Selene...she's different, kind, patient, she's so much that I can't even put it into words. For me, even knowing her as short as I have, I can say she's like this ray of light on dark days and nights. She sang for me at Kaer Morhen, she spoke to me through a wall, she went out of her way leaving behind subtle hints, all while avoiding an actual confrontation. So if you don't mind, I wanna catch up to her before she decides to take off, ditch the kid in Venril and then ditch us and head to Valen alone."

    Lambert went to say something but realized Geralt had a point, that and Selene could handle herself. He also knew that if he tried to control what Selene did he would be on the receiving end of her wrath and that alone made him shudder. "Right, I get it. Fine, just don't hurt her."

    "Wouldn't dream of it." And with that he walked past lambert and saw that Selene and the kid were already gone. Shaking his head he grabbed his belongings and walked out and headed towards the stables where Selene should already be with the kid.

    As he got closer he could hear someone yelling and Selene gently pushing Drew into the stables before she turned and glared at the towns folk. A few backed down and many walked off not wanting to face her temper, one brave or well stupid man decided to punch Selene across the face.

    Geralt growled slightly but watched as Selene took the man's arm and forcefully turned him around using it to pin him down on his knees as she yanked his arm. "Do That again and I'll break your arm. And if I don't do it." She motioned to geralt and forced the man to look over as well. "He will." And with that she dropped him
And went inside the barn where she helped drew onto raven.

    Geralt walked past the man who quickly scrambled to his feet and ran off before anything else could happen. "You alright Sel? That punch looked like it hurt." Selene shrugged as she looked at him. "I've felt worse." He nodded before walking over and checking the side of her face. "Hmm, slight swell, but it won't do much harm."

    Selene chuckled. "Nah, again I've felt worse, pretty sure you punch harder." He grinned. "I won't even try." "Good." And with that he knelt down and held his hands together. "Hm?" "Come on I'll Help you up."

   Selene blushed a bit but allowed Geralt to Help her onto raven and Drew giggled. "You guys are silly." "Are we now?" Geralt chuckled as he climbed onto Roach. "Right, Lambert will catch up knowing him." Selene nodded and urged Raven to leave the barn before she saw Lambert waiting at the gates. "Seems you were right."

    Geralt nodded as the three looked at each other and Lambert grinned. "Right let's get the hell out of here." The others nodded in agreement before they took off for Vanril.

     After they had dropped Drew off with Keira, and a promise from Selene and Geralt that they would visit from time to time did the trio finally head for the docks, it was time they paid Valen a lil visit. Especially since no one had been there in a year. Perhaps now they would be willing to work with the witchers Honestly. If not well, as much as Selene Hated being cheated she wouldn't let future generations suffer for idiots of the past.

     "What's on your mind sel?" Said woman looked over at geralt as she leaned against the rail of the boat and shook her head. "Not out here, to many ears." Geralt nodded and followed her below deck while Lambert stayed above talking to whoever caught his attention.

     Once they were inside her room she close the door and turn to him. "What's wrong?" Selene chewed on her lip for a second as she thought about it. "When we get to Valen, what happens if they refuse to work with us? And I mean actually be fair, pay right and not give inaccurate information."

    Geralt frowned as he walked over and placed his hands on her shoulders. "Relax Sel, we have no idea what will happen when we get there, but I can already tell you won't just abandon them twice." Selene frowned before she side and laid her head against his chest. "Were we wrong in doing it the first time?" "We weren't. Sel they coulda killed you, while I know you feel bad, it couldn't go unpunished. Not this time."

    She looked up at him confused. "Why this time?" He looked into her eyes as he cupped her face. "You have to realize that you're the only female Witcher, the only and first to survive it. The guys and myself we're more protective of you." She blinked confused. "However." She just arched an eyebrow. "You're also the one we are most afraid of." That finally made Selene laugh before she laid her head back against his chest.

    Smiling a bit he ran his fingers through her ponytail and held her close. "It's gonna be alright Sel, regardless we will still take jobs, still get rid of the monsters, and I'll be with you. I can't have them harming you." It was silent for a moment and he wondered if she dozed off before he looked down and saw her smiling at him.

    And no, it wasn't one of those half smiles that everyone got, this one was different. Her face was relaxed, her eyes carefree, she looked hopeful and happy. And he realized this was a smile only he had ever seen. "So beautiful." "Hmm What is?" "That smile Sel." Selene blushed and hid her face only to peek up and giggle making him chuckle. "That's the smile I wanna see more of." "I'll try." "I know, now come on, we can hide down here so you don't get overwhelmed by all the passengers."

  "Geralt?" "Yeah?" "Thank you." And with that she kissed his cheek before sitting down next to him. Turning towards each other they spoke in hushed whispers and sometimes silence as they stayed below deck avoiding everyone and everything until they finally reached Valen.