Chapter 28

When Selene next woke it was early in the morning however spot beside her was cold and she frowned before sitting up. "Damn." Was all she said as she shook her head to chase away her dizzy spell before she got out of bed and changed into a pair of black leather pants, a grey t-shirt and put her shoes and socks back on.

    Standing up she grabbed her brush and braided her hair before she pulled it all the way up and left it alone before making her way down the stairs and into the main room.

   It was oddly silent so she looked around only to see that no one was inside. Shaking her head she grabbed her swords off the table and strapped them to her back before she headed outside and down towards the training yard.

   As she got closer she could hear the clashing of steel against steel and shook her head. As she got closer Vesemir looked over and smiled. "well, well,  looks like Selene's finally awake. Did you eat?"

   She simply shook her head no as she stood besides Vesemir, she chose to remain silent since she wasn't normally a morning person. "Still tired?" She shrugged and rubbed her one eye before leaning against the wall. "She doesn't talk when she first wakes up Vesemir, you should remember that from her days here." 

     Vesemir looked at Lambert and Geralt nodded. "Even, when I was with her, she refused to speak when she first woke up." Vesemir shrugged and watched them for a moment. "It's weird, the lot of you seemingly changed while you were all gone, however I see some habits remained the same." Selene arched an eyebrow before looking at him.

    "Selene, you still prefer your solitude, yet you've acknowledged Geralt and traveled with him, enough that you're okay with being held and kissed by him. However you still don't talk in the morning which isn't a bad thing." He looked at Geralt next. "You use to poke the hornets nest, but now I see you approaching things with more caution, yet I can see you still care deeply." "Lambert, you're still as prickly as ever, and still arrogant, but I can see now that even deep down you cared and still care else you would have left Selene to die all those years ago."

    Selene blinked before she stretched up and then backwards cracking all of her bones, easily making everyone else shiver and cringe. "Damn that's loud." Selene shrugged before opening her eyes and looking at them. "I'm not even sorry, however, Vesemir made some decent points." Vesemir nodded and the other shrugged. "Selene, care to spare with an old man?"

    Selene turned to Vesemir and nodded before she walked towards the training grounds. Both got into position, Selene with her hand on only her steel sword and Vesemir stood opposite of her sword already poised to strike. "Let's start." Selene nodded and formed the sign of quen before jumping back and drawing her sword just as Vesemir slashed at her. The swords clashed and left a humming sound in the air as they collided.

    "I see your reflexes are fast as ever." Selene however looked bored, but she was watching and calculating every move she or Vesemir could make. "Well you did beat it into me." He chuckled before he swung again only to be knocked backwards by quen and aard at the same
Time. "You already forgetful old man?" He huffed. "I'm old but I can still keep up with the lot of you."

    However Selene chose that moment to feign going left and quickly swiveled to the left before slashed sideways from the right the flat of her blade hitting Vesemir on the side of his ribs making him stagger. "Good hit Sel." Selene raised an eyebrow and jumped back just as the sword cut her stomach and she growled. "That shirt was new." Geralt cringed a bit and lambert backed away. "And now all hell breaks lose."

    Vesemir raised an eyebrow only to have his eyes widen as Selene drew her second sword swinging both one crossed right over the other. He barely had time to dodge any of them before Selene started moving forward each attack growing stronger and stronger with each blow and clash of the sword. "Well he's fucked. Selene ain't gonna be holding back now." Geralt nodded and crossed his arms watching as the fight intensified.

  Just as Vesemir went to block the next blow, Selene flipped her sword over her wrist, knocking the blade out of his hands before she knocked him on his back and pointed the tip of the swords at his throat and heart. "Fuck." Geralt chuckled and Selene raised an eyebrow before sheathing her swords and reaching down to help Vesemir stand. "Well, remind me to never cross blades with Selene again."

   "Don't you mean, remind you to nor ruin her new shirts?" "That too, everyone should be well reminded she's not to be fucked with when swords are present, and no one and I mean no one is to ever end up on her bad side." Said woman merely huffed as she checked the tear in her clothes. "Don't worry Selene I'll have it replaced."

   Selene only shrugged and walked away. "Where is she off to already?" "Probably the garden to calm down. Geralt if you're smart, you'll run to catch up with her now, and please make sure she eats something." Geralt nodded before running off after a very angry Selene.

    "Sel! Selene Wait a moment!" Selene was walking quickly trying to make it to her gardens to calm down when she heard Geralt's voice so she stopped walking and turned to face him. "Geralt, now is not a good time." He finally caught up and placed his hands on her shoulders. "Yes well, I think it is, I wanna see the gardens and I need to make sure you eat."

   Selene sighed before nodding and led him towards the gardens. Once they were there did she pull out a key and unlock the gate before heading inside.

   Geralt for his part was impressed, the gardens were beautiful and full of rare an exotic flowers. "Wow." She looked over at him as she sat on a stone bench. "What?" "It's amazing, the flowers are beautiful and well cared for. And I see some that only grew in certain regions." Selene nodded at this. "That's true, while I traveled i came across some that have never been seen before so I took some of the seeds and a flower of two before bringing them here. After they took root I decided to plant the seeds. Vesemir however took note of this and ever since he has been slowly but surely adding to the garden for me."

    Geralt nodded and finally sat down next to her. "You look peaceful here." She shrugged. "It's where I hid a lot while i was here. When I was stressed or angry I hid, the same with when I just needed space." "Makes sense to me." Selene looked at him and weakly smiled. To which Geralt simply returned it. Pulling her close to him he placed a kiss to the side of her head before she tilted her face up to look at him.

    Without thinking he leaned down and stole her lips in a kiss as he pulled her onto his lap forcing her to straddle him. Locking her arms around his neck he wrapped his around her waist one hand sliding down before it slipped under her shirt and moved up slowly as he traced the smoothness of her skin.

   Feeling his hand against her back Selene shivered at the coldness of his hand but pressed herself closer to him. Biting down on her bottom lip he waited for her to grant him access but was simply  denied. Growling a bit he shifted and moved his hand around to her stomach and slowly up. Only to be stopped by a sharp nip to his lip, but that gave him the opening he needed so he slid his tongue into her mouth and pressed himself against her.

   Moaning softly, her back arched and she pulled back, to look into his eyes. He simply smiled before letting her go. Selene blushed and stood up. "I um....need to go eat." He chuckled as he also stood. "Hmm you don't, so come on, I'll get you some fruit, and maybe we can go for a walk after, if Vesemir doesn't need us to fix anything." She nodded and allowed him to lead her back inside for a simple breakfast.