Chapter 16

It had been a few weeks since Selene and Geralt had set out on their trip and geralt had been slowly but surely earning Selene's Trust and getting to know her as a person.

She was a very simple woman, she didn't ask for much and she didn't do much, she usually kept to her self and traveled alone. Like most Witcher's tended to do. "So selene, exactly how long ago did you leave Kaer Morhen?" Selene tilted her head as she pondered the question. "Roughly 9 years ago." He nodded at this. "So a year after I left. I wonder how I never spoke with you though."

Selene shrugged. "That's a simple answer." He looked over at her this time. "How so?" "Again simple, I avoided most people, however we did speak once or twice, but usually through a wall." His eyes widened.

"You were the person giving me advice?" "Indeed I was." He shook his head. "How in the hell did you convince to stay away from you?" She laughed this time, a sweet and beautiful laugh.

"I'm serious Sel, I asked you twice if we could meet up and you kept telling me no."
"Well, I didn't want you thinking I was blind, the one time I saw you, it was in passing and i wore a hood so you couldn't see me." He reaches over and grabbed her arm.

"Why avoid me?" She sighed as she finally looked at him. "Aside from not wanting to have you think I was blind, I also preferred my privacy, I didn't like getting close to people. However when you spoke at night, the nights you couldn't sleep. I chose to talk to you, not at first, at first it angered me that you kept me awake."

He rubbed the back of his head this time. "But over time I could hear the confusion and the pain and realized you simply needed someone. So I spoke to you, and on the nights you tossed and turned I helped you sleep."

"Was it you who sang those lullabies?" She nodded. "I only knew a few, thanks to my gran, she made sure I knew them by heart." He nodded. "Thank you, for all of your advice back then, for singing to me when I couldn't sleep, and well...for now. Actually talking with me." Selene looked over and simply smiled. "You're welcome."

After a bit of silence he spoke again. "Is that when you started feeling the pull?" Selene tilted her head again. "No, I actually couldn't feel the pull just yet, I was aware of something but the pull hadn't yet started, it didn't really start till after you left and it left me in such a state of shock that when I left I swore to avoid it at all costs."

He chuckled "well, now you can't. Because ever since that day in the market back in fucking Valen, I could feel you, I could sense you, and then again in Tamriel when I felt the strongest of the pulls and when you helped me with the Striga. Around you though, it feels as if it's settled down."

Selene shrugged even though he was right. "I guess destiny really did bind us to each other huh?" This time she openly rolled her eyes and he laughed. "Oh Sel, you really fucking hate the word Destiny don't you?" "Indeed I do."

He rolled his eyes but reached over and rubbed her shoulder. "But you and I both know the truth." She sighed. "Those bound by Destiny will always find each other." He nodded as he brushed back some of her hair. "Have you ever worn your hair completely down?"

"Only when I sleep." He blinked. "Then how did I not see it that day?" She laughed. "Well if you remember we fell asleep talking so I left my hair up." He groaned. "Take it down, I wanna see how long it is." She laughed. "Not now Geralt, it's not a good time." He raised an eyebrow "then when is a good time?"

She laughed "perhaps when we get into town. But only after we see if there is any work." Geralt rolled his eyes but soon sighed. "Fine, But I wanna see it soon." She laughed again and he couldn't help but join in.