Chapter 15

Once the two were finally out of the tavern did Selene inhale the fresh air and attempt to pull her hand from Geralt's. "Hm?" Was all she got before the hand tightened around her own. "Geralt.." "Yeah Sel?"

   "I need you to let go so I can put on my cloak." Geralt's blinked before he slowly let go of Selene's hand and watched as she quickly put her cloak back on and then head over to Raven. "Come on Geralt I need to see how my Elixirs are and this way we can see what actually needs replacing."

    Said man shook his head but he couldn't help but smile. Not even on the road and she was already bossy. "Someone's bossy." Selene who was checking her one bag didn't even look up from what she was doing.

   "I know I am, but I'll try to not be." Geralt shrugged at this. "I don't mind, could be useful. I already know what I need so I'll just wait on you so-" Selene waved her hand at that. "If you know what you need please don't feel like you have to wait for me."

    Geralt sighed before leaning against the doorway of the stable, he refused to let her out of his sight. Selene could feel the eyes on her so with a sigh she stopped what she was doing and unclipped two bags. "I wasn't going to run off. Especially not when I myself need supplies."

   Geralt sighed before he stood up straight. "Why don't we get you a new cloak first?" Selene blinked before she realized he had a point, her cloak was old and wearing down, it wouldn't be long until even the small amount of warmth wouldn't be enough.

     Sighing softly she walked over towards him only for him to take the bags from her. "Geralt?" "I'll hold them, this way you can try the new cloak first." Selene blinked but nodded and with that the two walked down a bit and to the market where it was slowly filling with people once again.

     Geralt looked at Selene and remembered how she freaked out last time so he squeezed her shoulder. "Relax you're safe here, and I'll let nothing happen to you." That seemed to have done the trick because Selene finally relaxed as she stayed close to him.

     Moving towards the one stall Selene was soon stopped by a tugging on her cloak. Turning around that's when Selene saw the little boy standing behind her. "I'm sorry to bother you lady, but my ma said she needs to talk to you."

    Selene raised an eyebrow before kneeling down to look the kid in the eye. "Alright, can it wait a moment or is it urgent?" The little boy shrugged. "I don't know, all I know is ma told me I needed to come get the woman with silver eyes."

    Selene frowned she didn't like this one bit. "How did you know it was me? What had it been someone else?" The little one trembled. "I'm sorry, but ma said you should be with a man who had ashen colored hair. Almost silver." Selene sighed before she patted the kids head. "Alright, lead me to your ma."

   The little boy nodded and waited for Selene to follow him. However Selene looked at Geralt who was now looking at cloaks unaware of the boy stopping Selene.

   Sighing to herself she turned to the little boy and stood up. The second she was back on her feet did the child grab her by the hand and started leading her out of the market. Selene normally would have stiffened at the fact someone had touched her but this was a child, and to her children were good they didn't know hate, they were just simply kids.

    It didn't take long before they appeared at the boys house and Selene looked around, for some reason the area was very familiar and so was the smell. However she once again felt the little boy grab her hand and tug on it. "Come on, Ma is waiting."

  Feeling worried Selene followed the kid inside but stayed on full alert. Silver eyes darted around the room, taking in every last detail. She saw a few paintings here and there, saw tables and what nots and then clothes and she tilted her head. "Ma! I brought the silver eyed lady!"

    A few moments later a thump could be heard before a woman walked out of the other room. She looked tired but the second she saw Selene she smiled and walked towards her. "And I thought after not seeing you for seven years you would have at least aged."

    Selene tilted her head before it finally clicked. "You're the woman who offered to patch me up that time." The middle aged woman laughed. "Indeed I am, you left before anyone could change your mind too."

   "I'm glad to see you are alive and well." The woman smiled. "I've waited years for you to return so I could repay you. So once I heard the rumors that the white rose had returned I had to find you, but the market can be to much for me while I run my own store so I sent my son to find you."

    Selene nodded and then tilted her head.  "There's no need to repay me." The woman waved her hands. "Hush, I'm going to because I can. You look as if you're in need of new clothes and a cloak to boot." Selene rubbed the back or her head at this.

    "Well...yes that's true, i also left my...companion alone in the market and I don't want him thinking I ran off on him." The woman raised an eyebrow at this. "You mean the man who is currently standing behind you?"

  And with that Selene turned and soon saw Geralt. "Geralt.." he nodded and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Saw a cloak you might've liked but when I turned around you were gone so I came to track you down."

    "So you heard everything?" "I did, and to be honest the stuff in here looks nicer then what the stall had to offer." Selene slowly nodded before she turned to the woman who was now rummaging through clothes and cloaks alike.

   After a few minutes the woman managed to pull out a deep black cloak and then a few new outfits before turning to Selene. "Here all of this is for you, with no charge." Selene's eyes widened and she went to protest but was stopped by Geralt's hand on her shoulder and him shaking his head.

   With a sigh she turned towards the woman. "At least let me pay." "No can do, you saved my life along with many others that night Seven years ago. And this is how I am choosing to repay you." Selene sighed before she reached up and removed her old cloak allowing Geralt to take it from her as the woman handed her the new one.

    Selene felt the weight of this cloak and she could tell it was made with wool as she slid it on and went to lace the front only for Geralt to stop her and do it himself while the woman smiled and bagged the clothes. "There and once more thank you for everything." Selene nodded. "I'm selene by the way." Geralt raises an eyebrow and the woman only smiled. "I'm Cera, nice to finally learn the name of the woman who saved our town. Now safe journeys to you, and don't be a stranger."

     Selene waved to the boy who led her there and left as Geralt took the bag from
Cera. Once out of of the shop did Selene finally look at Geralt. "You alright Geralt?" "I'm fine Sel, you okay?" Selene thought about this for a moment before she answered. "Yeah I'm okay. A bit surprised but I'm fine." "Good" And with that he took  her hand and led her back to the market where they soon replenished their supplies and elixirs.

    "Alright, shall we be off?" Selene looked at Geralt and nodded. "Yes, lets go." And with that the two headed back to their horses so they could head to the next town.