Chapter 26

It had been a few months since Selene had seen either Geralt or Lambert. Even though Selene and Geralt had finally made themselves official and promised to only belong to each other, Selene also knew she needed her space as Geralt needed his. However roughy a month ago she received a letter from Vesemir calling all of them back to Kaer Morhen.

    Selene sighed as she put the letter back in her bag and moved to where raven was on the ship, it had been a long journey and she was glad it was just about over, no one enjoyed having to spend over a week on a boat, and it was even worse on her due to the fact that everyone either didn't bathe often enough or it was because of all the people who were either sick, smelt like death, and or were just getting sea sick.

    Thankfully the boat soon docked and she led raven off and paid the sailor what she owed. "Thanks again." "Of course miss. Have a safe trip." And with that the ship left and Selene inhaled a deep breathe of fresh air. "Finally fresh air, anyway, let's go raven." And with that she climbed onto the saddle and started up the path that would lead her to the school.

    After about a hour of traveling she looked around and almost smiled. It was still oddly peaceful here, even if for a lot of them it brought back memories they would have rather kept buried in the darkest parts of their minds. Shaking her head she once again urged raven to start moving, since she didn't wanna be outside after dark.

    After a while she finally arrived at the school and shook her head, she could already hear Lambert's loud mouth and Geralt's laughter followed by Vesemir's. Urging raven through the gates several people looked up as she finally dismounted and left her companion next to Roach and blaze. "I do hope I'm not late or interrupting anything."

   Geralt looked over and grinned widely as Lambert laughed. "Nah right on time like always Selene." "Of course she's on time, girl doesn't know the definition of being late." However Selene wasn't listening, her silver eyes were locked on Geralt as she walked over towards them, for once she wasn't wearing her heavy winters cloak, instead she was just wearing her black boots, leather pants, and her black shirt. Her long hair was braided down her back and she raised an eyebrow.

   As soon as she was close enough to Geralt did he pick her up and kiss her soundly on the lips shocking Vesemir into total silence and Lambert chuckled. "Well seems they missed each other. Must admit I was shocked when Geralt showed up without her." Geralt flipped off Lambert before he broke the kiss with Selene and set her down while Vesemir tried and failed to make sense of it.

    "Gods Sel I missed you." She smiled at him and touched the side of his face. "I missed you too Geralt." "Will someone please explain what I just missed?"

   "Oh yeah, uncle Vesemir, you're gonna wanna sit down for this." Selene laughed and geralt chuckled. "It's not that bad. We met a few months back, she avoided me like I was some type of plague, all because of a pull, yes shut up we know people swear it's destiny." Selene shook her head but allowed Geralt to continue.

    "Not to long after that she was in the same town I was in and i tracked her for her help with a striga, and while i recovered she ran off. Two months later I got lucky, I found her again, learned her name, and we stuck together since. Roughly 2 or 3 months after we returned to Valen, with Selene's approval, and we made it official. Killed me to let her go off on her own since I was so use to having her around, but I understood she needed space."

    Selene nodded. "And that's about it, oh right Geralt I have your cloak for you." This made him laugh. "So you did steal it you brat." "No, I borrowed it. After all I left you something too didn't I?" He grinned as he knew what she meant. "Yeah and Trust me it's clean and in one piece, stopped smelling like you after awhile." She laughed. "Good I want that shirt back" 

  Vesemir shook his head but smiled. "Well as long as you two are happy that's all that matters. And I'm just happy you two finally met in person rather then talking through walls." They all laughed this time. "Yeah well with self hate and loathing." "I know. Anyway come on, it was a long trip for all of you and we should get inside."

  Nodding Selene went back and grabbed her bag before walking back to geralt and handed him his cloak. "There returned as promised." He grinned as he kissed her forehead before grabbing her hand and going up the many steps back to the building.

    As they walked Selene could still see the gardens and almost smiled and that caught Vesemir's attention. "No worries Selene, the garden is still standing and ive had more added to it so you'll be content with hiding there."

   Selene blushed faintly before she nodded and looked away Geralt chuckling. "Adorable. You'll have to show me this garden that was grown just for you." Selene hesitated before she nodded in agreement and with that they all finally went inside.

   "Alright, I'm gonna go pick a room, especially since I refuse to be back in that one I had as a kid." Vesemir nodded and Selene walked off Geralt not to far behind her. "Wanna bet that she's gonna share his room?" "Wouldn't doubt it, it seems like he really missed her."

    As Selene walked through the doors further back she didn't get much further when Geralt grabbed her arm and spun her around to face him. "Geralt, what is it?" He only grinned and led her up the stairs past the one door that led to another room and all the way up to another set of doors. "Geralt?" He only opened the door before he pulled her inside. "This is my room." She looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "And?"

    He chuckled. "I was hoping you would share the room with me, I found it almost impossible to sleep without having you close." She blinked before she giggled. "Alright alright, clearly someone missed having cuddles." He grinned as he took her bag from her and set it on the bed before pulling her to him. "I have, and I'm not letting go until you say you'll stay with me." "Then I guess it's settle, I'll just have to stay in here too." Geralt smiled and Selene returned it.

  "So why don't we take a nap while Vesemir does whatever it is he has to do?" Selene shook her head but smiled none the less. "Perhaps after I've bathed, I feel disgusting after being on that ship so long." He laughed. "Fine, bathing room is just next door. Don't take long." Shaking her head she grabbed what was needed and left the room to clean up. Once that was done and she was in clean clothes did she go back into the room to see Geralt laying down already asleep. "Dork. Already asleep." Shaking her head she carefully crawled into bed next to him and laid down before closing her eyes and fell into a deep and peaceful sleep.