Chapter 13

Selene tilted her head at the question and frowned a bit. "Hmm.." Geralt at this point was leaning towards her and she subconsciously shifted towards him. "That's quite a story. Would you rather that first or to see my eyes?"

Geralt hesitated, both heavily intrigued him but he also knew this might be his only chance to learn about her. "Eyes first....then the story." Selene nodded and shifted once more to get comfortable.

Closing her eyes she focused on her sense of sight. The sensation was always weird, it was like a shift but it was really her eyes adjusting to everything. "Ready?" "Ready." Slowly her eyes opened. At first Geralt only saw the silver, her normal eye color, before his own eyes widened.

Selene's eyes were now fully open and he blinked, instead of having a black slit like a cats hers were blue, the slit was more narrow and he couldn't help himself he reached forward and touched the side of her face as he studied them.

"Amazing..." it was a soft spoken whisper, and while she was a bit uncomfortable with him touching her she simply held still allowing him to study them. "Simply amazing, I've never seen anything like this." Selene shrugged. "I know I'm unusual."

"No, you're special, unique and it's amazing." Selene simply gave him a weak smile as he finally sat back and let his hand fall back as well. He then watched as the pupils expanded and shifted from blue and silver to pure black. "Fuck Sel, that's definitely interesting."

Said woman simply shrugged before she allowed her eyes to return to their silver hue once more. "Anyway you asked me about the Bruxa." He nodded the moment now over.

"Like I said this one is interesting. I actually didn't even mean to get involved."

"Then how?" She sighed. "I showed up at the right time apparently, as we both know Bruxa's are higher vampires, usually they don't kill more then necessary and usually tend to avoid over populated area's." Geralt nodded, it was indeed unusual for a Bruxa to be on a killing spree.

"It was late when I arrived here at Venril, it wasn't as populated at the time and they had less farms then they do now. I was just intending to pass through when I heard the song, it was beautiful, I can say that much, however I could feel the magic behind it, my medallion started pulling around my neck and my blood went cold, the hair on my neck stood up and my senses were on high alert."

She passed for a second. "I walked towards the sound when i realized the song was luring women out of their homes. Locking them in a trance." Geralt grimaced those were the worst.

"I approached the Bruxa and spoke to her, that simple action threw the Bruxa off and she stopped singing to look at me."

*flash back 4 years ago.*

Selene had finally arrived at Vanril and had no intentions of stopping to rest for a bit, she was simply traveling and her supplies didn't really need to be refilled yet. Instead she was just continuing down the path when she heard a melody, a hypnotic song and she felt herself freeze.

The medallion around her neck began to pulse, the hair on the back of her neck stood up and her senses were now on high alert, something wasn't right. Quickly picking up her speed she knew she needed to get out of town as fast as possible. But the second she saw women leaving their houses did she stop.

Watching them carefully she saw the blank looks to their eyes and realized they were stuck in a trance. Cursing she decided to follow the one woman. Only to stop moments later.

In the middle of the town, stood a hand woman, and it wasn't a human woman, Selene could easily sense that and see it. She knew right then and there that this was a bruxa, a high level vampire and needed to be dealt with.