Chapter 37

"She's been unconscious for over two day's Geralt, is that normal?" Geralt frowned as he brushed the hair out of Selene's face. They had gotten back to the tavern two days ago and he changed Selene's clothes as fast as he could, all the while studying each scar he had seen. Some he knew of, and some he didn't. After he had put her in clean clothes did he allow dandelion to stay in the room as well. And now two days later Selene had yet to awaken.

   "I'm not sure, can depend on many things. Such as how deep her injuries were. All the way down to how much of her own energy was expanded during the fight, Witcher's as you know don't require much sleep. However at this point Selene's fingers twitched and her brow furrowed before a low groan of discomfort slip past her mouth as those silver eyes finally opened.

    "She's awake!" Geralt turned his head and blinked before he moved and was quickly sitting next to her as she slowly sat up with his help. "Fuck sel, that scared the shit out of us you know?" She weakly nodded and rubbed her head. "How long was I out?" "Two days, what did you take?" "Swallow." He nodded and realized that's why she slept so long. "What's that do?"

   "It helps the body regenerate. So in order to avoid a lot of pain it often times knocks us out so we usually make sure we're somewhere safe. In Selene's case she knew she was near you and I was close by so she risked it and took the potion." Dandelion blinked before he nodded. "Umm Selene, about you teaching me, what do you mean?" She blinked. "Oh come now, you're not that stupid. I'm going to teach you because it's useful Incase one of us isn't around to protect you."

   He nodded slowly. "Right thanks Selene." "Of course. It's what friends do right?" His jaw dropped and Geralt just sat there frozen in shock. "What? Oh come on did I say something wrong? I mean yeah sure, I never had friends but I at least know how to not be a cunt to people I tend to care for." Geralt slowly came out of his shock and flicked her. "Don't day that about yourself." She wrinkled her nose and crossed her arms. "You also said nothing wrong, it's just a shock, you tend to hate everyone."

   She shrugged. "Can't hate the idiot who could have died trying to save my ass." From the corner of her eye she could see dandelion was fidgeting so she stood up with a bit of difficulty since her limbs were stiff from lack of movement before she hugged the bard. "Calm down damnit." And with that she pulled away and caught the idiot. "Who woulda thought a hug would make him faint." Geralt blinked. "Sel, you never hug people unless it's me." She shrugged. "To be fair he hugged me first."

   "And he's alive?" "Well to be fair I was caught off guard one bad arm and what not but yeah he's alive." She carefully laid down the bard and crossed her arms. "Shall I assume you changed my clothes?" "I did, and while i really didn't mean to stare, you're fuckin gorgeous. Again if I didn't know you were a Witcher I would damn well swear up and down you were a deity." She faintly blushed at this. "Uh...um..." he chuckled. "So why did you need to go to Novigrad?" She blinked as she tried to remember before she gasped. "Sel?"

    "Hattori, he had a new weapon for me since my one blade is pretty fucked up, he's also the only one I trust to even fix it along with my armor." He nodded. "Now that makes sense. Let's just hope we don't run into trouble." "You mean Yennifer." He sighed. "Yeah, her. You know I only have eyes for you though right?" He said as he used her hands to pull her so she was standing between his legs

    "I know, doesn't mean I'm ever gonna be thrilled around her." He chuckled. "I know. But you're more civil then she is. So yeah, let's go once the idiot wakes up." She smiled softly and leaned down to kiss his forehead. "Sounds good to me." He chuckled and pulled her down so she sat on his lap while he held her close. After sometime dandelion woke up and looked at them. "What?" They both laughed as Selene stood and helped up Geralt who grabbed their stuff. "Come on Dandelion we're off for Novigrad." "Why there again?" "My new sword should be ready along with my armor."

    He nodded as he ran out to catch up with the two of them. "Wait up you two walk to fast." The Two stopped and waited for him to catch up and they each shared a look. "What?" "Okay, I'll be back" geralt grinned as he watched her walk off. "What did I miss?" "Nothing Dandelion." When Selene came back she had a pure brown horse following her. "What?" "It's yours." His jaw dropped. "What? We don't have time to wait for you to walk. And I don't let anyone ride raven." Geralt nodded and helped Selene onto Raven.

   Dandelion climbed onto his horse and Geralt got onto Roach. "Shall we be off?" "I would rather move now and get my stuff because after this it's back To Kaer Morhen." "Why there?" "It's where Witcher's go when the winter settles in and we can hardly get jobs, we hide there until the spring when we set out again on the path once more." Dandelion looked at Selene and blinked. "So basically you guys hibernate." The two Witcher's nodded.

    "So after Novigrad we're gonna head off to Kaer Morhen." Dandelion sighed and looked around. "So I won't see either of you..." Selene blinked and so did geralt "by we, we also mean you dumbass." Dandelions eyes widened at this and Geralt chuckled. "Someone's in a mood." "Keep it up Geralt and you won't like what happens either." Geralt quickly Shut his mouth and looked at Selene. She simply smiled and they started moving while both men remained silent.