Chapter 32

Once the trio finally made it to the tavern did Geralt quickly but surely guide Selene over to a table in the far back. "Dandelion." Said man looked over at geralt confused. "Go grab food and drinks. Preferably wine for Selene though." Selene laughed softly as she looked at Geralt. "Trying to re-create that night at Kaer Morhen?"

    He only grinned at her. "Of course I am, why else would I tell him to grab wine." Said woman shook her head but couldn't hide the smile. Dandelion blinked and felt as if he missed an entire paragraph between the two but he shrugged and went to get what Geralt had asked for.

    "So tell me Geralt, how is it you came into the company of a bard?" Geralt watched as she crossed her legs over each other, the way she slightly leaned forward as if she was gonna kiss him but stopped to simply rest her chin on her hand.

    "More like he found me." She arched a single eyebrow and he groaned knowing she just wouldn't let it drop. "Okay, I was in a town not to far from here actually, I was finishing up my food when he came over. He had sung the most atrocious songs about some girl and i don't know what else, but he said something about having bread in his pants."

   Selene wrinkled her nose but didn't comment, and he sighed. "I told him I wanted to be alone, I hadn't heard from
You in months, I was worried and tired, and quit to anger." She nodded this time. "He followed me out making all sorts of weird comments and implied I smelled of onion, then heroics and what not. When he made some off hand comment about what I don't really recall I punched him in the balls. He's stuck by me since and it drives me nuts some days."

   Selene was trying very hard to not laugh, but the second Geralt said he punched Jaskir in the balls she lost it. Laughing so hard it hurt her ribs and she had to hide her face. Golden eyes were wide with shock as he watched Selene lose her composure. Jaskir came back over at this point with the food, drinks and the wine for Selene. "Why is she laughing?" Said woman only looked up before she lost it all over again and Geralt shook his head.

    "I told her about how we met." "And that's funny?" "To her yes." Selene finally calmed down and kicked his leg making him wince. "Don't lie Geralt, it's unbecoming. He told me how he punched you in the balls and in my sleep deprived state it was very funny. While I'm sure for you it hurt." Jaskir turned red and looked away and Selene tried to stop her giggles. That's when Geralt blinked. "Wait sleep deprived?" She nodded as she finally calmed down. "Mhm, I haven't been sleeping well lately, nightmares on and off, little sleep, always moving, one of the main reasons why I was looking for you."

    Golden eyes were wide with shock and Jaskir blinked. "That's the only reason?"
Selene frowned, she hardly knew this man but he was asking such personal questions so she looked at geralt, an unspoken question in her eyes and he nodded, letting her know he was safe to talk to. Looking over at Jaskir she sighed. "No, I truly missed him, I usually prefer to be alone, but after traveling with him for so long I got use to it. Preferred his company, I also realized I love him. But enough about that, I'm a very private person." Jaskir nodded as he sat down.

   "Now, what should i call you? I know your name is Jaskir but," she cut herself off and waited for him to speak. "Hm? Oh, oh! I prefer to be called Dandelion, it's my stage name when I preform. And I'm always singing songs about Geralt and his many adventures." Selene arched a single eyebrow as she gave a sly smirk. "Really? Geralt you failed to tell me he made you famous."

   Geralt shifted suddenly uncomfortable due to the smile she was currently giving him. "No, Sel no. It wasn't worth mentioning." She leaned towards him and he gulped as he slowly backed away. "Sel please." She grinned before she moved back and laughed that same musical laugh. "I'm sorry Geralt, but I need to hear this." He groaned and grabbed her hand. "Sel Im begging you, I'll do anything." She arched her eyebrow again as she debated. "Hmmm, I'll get back to you on that." However Jaskir didn't take the hint and without further words he started to sing.

  Selene blinked as it caught her off guard and Geralt looked like he just wanted to leave as others joined in with the song. "Oh my...now I see why you didn't...." he nodded as he moved to the bench she was on and hid his face against her neck. "It's why i begged you to not ask." She sighed. "I apologize for that, I may not have asked but I feel bad all the same. I'll make it up to you okay?" He looked up and nodded as he placed a kiss against the exposed skin of her neck. Everyone else was still singing so he knew no one saw them.

    Selene looked at geralt who nodded and stood up, before anyone could stop them he grabbed their stuff, went to the barmaid, paid for it all and left with Selene right behind him. "So, where are we going?" He looked back at her and smiled. "I figure it's a lovely evening so why don't we just have a small picnic under the stars." She simply smiled and followed him down the path. All she could think was of how happy she was to be near him again.