Chapter 14

When Selene woke the next more it was to a warmth next to her and an arm wrapped tightly around her. She blinked a bit disoriented until she heard the beating of a heart beneath her ear and heard the soft and gentle breathing of another.

Fully awake she opened her eyes completely and just about had a panic attack as she saw she was literally laying on top of Geralt's chest, her one leg slightly over his and her hair out of its usual braid.

Suddenly full of horror and panic she yanked herself away from the sleeping man only to cause him to wake up startled and move away completely forgetting that he still had one arm wrapped tightly around Selene.

In his startled state he subconsciously yanked her closer and pulled out a dagger thinking someone had dared to break into the room.

Upon realizing there was no threat did he slowly release Selene and put away the dagger. "Um....sorry?" Geralt blinked before he groaned and laid back down. "Damn Sel." "What?" "You Gave me a fuckin heart attack woman." She rubbed the back of her head this time.

"Right sorry about that. But I woke up and realized you had been holding me and I kinda freaked out." This however made him frown. "I don't even remember falling asleep." "Neither do I, last thing I really remember was you asking me about some of my jobs then the next thing I know is I'm
Waking up in your arms."

The way she said it actually stung, she sounded disgusted and he actually felt the sting from words. "Wasn't aware that my touching you was so disgusting." Selene blinked before she frowned.

"I...um...fuck." He raised an eyebrow this time. "I'm not saying it's disgusting or bad....I just...Ugh fuck why is this hard?" He frowned as he realized this was actually bothering her. "Sel, calm down." "No, I'm not use to people touching me, unless they're aiming to kill."

He sighed and brushed her hair back behind her ear watching as she flinched. "Shh, not gonna hurt ya, I promise." Selene simply sighed as she forced herself to relax. "I know it's just....." "unusual and an adjustment." She nodded. "Well, now that I'm also awake." He playfully glared at her. And Selene simply blushed. "I said I'm sorry, how can I make this up to you?"

Geralt raised an eyebrow before he grinned and all of a sudden yanked her back down next to him. "You can let me hold you." Selene felt her eyes widen and her body tense before geralt started to rub her shoulders. "Relax Sel. It's not that bad."

"No....it's actually....nice.." he chuckled "it is. But by the gods you're freezing. You honestly need warmer clothes." Selene giggled at that and slowly relaxed against him. "Alright so I guess that's what I'll be doing today." He shrugged. "I'll go with you, got supplies to refill. How are you on elixirs?"

Silver eyes narrowed as she thought. "I'm not sure I would need to actually get up and check." However as soon as she went to move his arms tightened around her. "Then it can wait. It's still early so we can rest a bit more."

Selene nodded and settled back down next to him, this time she was fully relaxed the pull had also calmed down and she just felt content.

"Pretty sure the barmaid was disappointed to find an Empty room last night." Geralt blinked before he groaned. "Don't even." Selene laughed and he chuckled. "I wasn't gonna share a bed with that woman either, she smells horrible."

"She did, she smelled like she slept around a lot." Geralt shivered at that. "Yuck Sel." She rolled her eyes and Actually poked him and he chuckled.

"I'm suddenly glad I passed out in here." Selene could only nod in agreement. "I bet you are." He grinned. "I am, I had a wonderful sleep and a very nice warm body to wake up to. Even if said warm body gave me a heart attack."

Selene groaned and hit him. "I already apologized for that." "I know Sel. I'm just messing with you." Selene rolled her eyes and simply remained silent. "Actually let's get up and get a move on, I don't wanna run into that woman." And with that he let her go and for once selene felt cold, and oddly disappointed.

He looked over at her after he finished putting his swords back on his back and tilted his head. "Coming?" "Hm, yeah." That's when he realized she was acting odd. "Come here, ya look as if you're gonna freeze again." Selene rolled her eyes and finally stood up only to go and grab her swords and put them on along with her gloves.

Only to stiffen as Geralt hugged her from behind. "Why don't we travel together, one It'll be easier to save coin, two You'll actually have company and so will I. Three you won't freeze to death at night." Ans that's when she laughed. "Alright alright, point made. We'll travel together." Geralt stepped back and smirked before handing her, her cloak and led her out of the tavern without another word.