Chapter 57

A week had passed and Selene and Ciri were now arriving at the gates of Kaer Morhen. "Is this the place?" Selene nodded. "Yes Ciri, welcome to Kaer Morhen, home of the school of the wolf. Where Witcher's are created to hunt monsters. But no Witcher has been made in almost a century."

  Ciri blinked confused. "Really?" "Yes, it's such a risky thing to. Creating new Witcher's, so many died during the trial of the grasses. But enough about that, I see Vesemir." "Who is he?" "Long story short, he's the oldest Witcher I know, also acts like everyone surrogate father." Ciri blinked again. "Do you see him as a father?" At that point Vesemir had walked over to them.

    "Yes Selene, do you see me as a father?" Selene blinked caught off guard by the question and pure embarrassment. "Well?" Selene dismounted raven and helped Ciri off kelpi and she shifted again as she thought of an answer. "Yes, I see Vesemir as a father figure." Vesemir's eyes widened and he was soon smiling as he crushed Selene in a hug.

    Silver eyes widened and she felt herself stiffen at the embrace before she slowly relaxed and soon returned the hug. After a few minutes she pulled away and motioned for Ciri to come to her side.
"Anyway Vesemir, this is Ciri. The child Geralt claimed by the law of surprise." Vesemir's eyes widened before he smiled. "Ah, I see so that's what his letter meant."

    Selene nodded and looked around trying to see if she saw Dandelion or Geralt. "He's not here?" Vesemir blinked confused. "No, I thought he was coming a bit behind you." Selene suddenly looked worried and climbed back onto raven. "Ciri stay here, I'll head back out and try to track them."

    "Wait, why don't you at least explain what's going on and why he isn't with you or Ciri." Selene frowned as she looked at Vesemir. "We got separated during an attack. I caused an explosion and shielded Ciri and myself....we were hoping they would have already been here." Vesemir frowned before walking over to Selene. "Come down child, let's wait a few minutes or so. Maybe they'll be here. Besides if you leave and they arrive and see you are gone it'll be a disaster."

    Selene sighed and dismounted Raven before leading both horses to the stable. "There we go. Now let's head up the the school." Selene sighed again and just as they started walking did the sounds of thunderous hooves reach Selene's and Vesemir's ears.

    Stopping in her tracks Selene turned just as two pure brown horses came barreling through the main gates. Silver eyes were wide with shock and disbelief as she saw grey ashen hair followed by golden eyes that were full of worry, behind that man was indeed dandelion. His brown hair wind blown, eyes widen with panic and shock. Gold and silver orbs  met and before anyone could move or speak, was Geralt quickly dismounting Roach and running towards Selene who finally snapped out of her daze.

   Moving quickly she met him half way. Strong muscular arms wrapped around her just as her own arms wrapped around his neck. Picking her up he hid face against her neck and closed his eyes as he breathed in deeply. Dandelion quickly dismounted as well and ran over to Ciri who quickly ran to him and hugged him tight.

    Vesemir watched this with a soft smile, his heart feeling light and warm at the sight before him. After a few minutes Selene pulled back to look at Geralt who only shook his head and kissed her quickly on the lips. "I thought I lost you Sel..." Selene simply smiled and cupped the side of his face. "Never, I'll always find you or you'll always find me." he smiled at this as he gave her one last kiss and put her down. Watching as she ran over and hugged Dandelion tightly.

   However he didn't even get to comment on it when all of a suden Ciri was hugging him. Wrapping his arms around her he held her close, a hand on her head and the other between her shoulder blades. "You're both Safe..." Ciri breathed out and geralt found himself rubbing her back to console her. "Of course we are. And so are you and Sel."

   Ciri pulled back and smiled and he chuckled. Selene however had yet to let go of Dandelion and vise versa. "Stupid bard, you could have died." Said man laughed but it was weak. "Yeah well, you could have as well, especially since you decided to blow up the area."

    Selene pulled back and her expression was grim. "Selene?" "If I died, the rest of you would have lived." "Ciri would have been alone." Selene nodded. "She would have, but we've been teaching her to track, she would have found you both." Geralt frowned but knew Selene had a point, that however didn't mean he agreed with what she was saying. "Let's not dwell on that, we're all here. Now let's go sit down and get some rest. Gods know I'm tired."

    Selene could only nod In agreement as she turned and smiled at Vesemir. "Alright, let's get going. And I promise we will explain everything soon." Vesemir nodded and with that the small group made their way up to the school where they would all finally get some much needed rest.