Chapter 9

Roughly two months had passed since Selene had seen or felt any pull towards Geralt. For this she was beyond grateful since that was her ultimate goal. She was currently resting in a tavern, for once her eyes a startling shade of icy blue. She had finally perfected the control needed to revert them to her original color. She had never even thought that this was possible.

For once people didn't glare at her, and toss hateful remarks, for once people smiled at her, or told her where she could get some stuff for her journey. She had even found a way to somewhat block off the pull and that's what finally helped her control the last waywardness of her emotions.

However those moments were becoming much shorter, since she had cut off the pull she was now unaware that Geralt had felt it. Felt her randomly disappear and it filled him with fear and panic. And it only forced him to search for her even faster.

Selene was now finishing up her meal and looked around before she felt something prickling at her senses. Looking around her eyes narrowed as she grabbed her now heavy Grey cloak and threw it on. Her weapons were on her back like normal but most people didn't pay that any mind since they assumed she was just a simple traveler who used them only for protection, no one knew she had a pure silver sword.

She quickly stood and headed for the door, she wasn't stopping for anything right now, especially since she get the prickling in her eyes, she knew she silver would return soon, especially since she couldn't afford to always keep them blue.

"Off already lil miss?" "Yes I am, I have a long journey to still complete and I would like to make some more progress before the roads become to dangerous to travel."

The elderly man nodded at her logic. "Of course young miss, be careful and may the fates be with you" now Selene normally would have said fuck the fates but she was attempting to be civil and get out before the silver fully returned. "You have my thanks, and may the fates be kind to you as well." And with that she was gone.

Geralt was now nearing the town Selene was in, yet he was unaware she was even around as he still couldn't feel anything from her. "Come on Roach...easy now." As he entered the town his golden eyes widened as he all of a sudden fell a sharp pull. Something he hasn't felt in over two very long months. "She's here....or she's very close." He spoke to himself or Roach, he wasn't sure at this point.

He carefully dismounted and led him to where he saw the stables. Upon tying his reigns to a post did he slowly make his way towards the tavern. What caught his attention however was how no one freaked out at his presence.

Shaking his head he walked into the tavern unaware of the raven haired woman that ran right past him. Walking inside he took a deep breathe, he was trying to track her sent but found it almost impossible since there were so many other smells in the air. However he could faintly make out the smell of roses and lavender.

"She was here..." this time it was just to himself, deciding to test his luck he walked over to an old man who was sitting on a stool looking out the window. "Excuse me sir?"

The old man looked up and blinked before he smiled. "Hello yourself witcher." Geralt blinked, he wasn't expecting the man to be polite to him. "How can I help you?" Again Geralt was surprised by the man's manners.

"I'm looking for a woman." The old man tilted his head forward waiting for him to continue. "A woman with long black hair, it contains hints of blue and she has silver eyes, most people usually assume she's blind but..." "but she isn't blind." Geralt only nodded this time, amazed that this man wasn't judging him.

"Well can't say I saw a woman with silver eyes but." Geralt raised an eyebrow as his curiosity peeked. "However?" "However there was a woman here who had the most unusual shade of blue eyes. Can you describe her more?"

Blue eyes? What was this man talking about, but he decided to humor him. "Petite, She's roughly 5'4, She's got lean muscle, usually carries twin katana's. She's incredibly pale. But like I said her eyes are silver she's..." "like you." The man finished for him and once again Geralt could only nod.

"Again, I'm afraid no silver eyed beauty was here, however the woman you described sounds like the one I saw, her eyes like I said were blue, but...." "but?" "It looked as if they were turning colors, now i could be wrong I am old after all."

Geralt said nothing this time he just let the old man speak. "However if this woman is the one I saw then she's managed to find a way to hide herself. Tell me witcher why are you looking for this woman?"

He hesitated this time, he had no idea how to say why he was tracking this woman down but he decided to be honest. "I'm drawn to her, we're....bound by Destiny as my friend said to me." He hated saying that word, Destiny, especially since he didn't believe in it.

The old man simply nodded. "Those who are bound by Destiny will always find each other. There is no hiding from her after all." "So you understand why I need to find her."

"That I do, she only left a few moments ago, if you hurry you can catch up to her before she's to far gone." Geralt nodded. "You have my thanks, but if I may ask..."

The old man chuckled. "Catch her first then come back and ask whatever it is you wish to ask." Geralt mumbled a thank you before he ran out. The smell of roses and lavender was now stronger and he realized he might finally have a chance of finally catching this mysterious lady after all.

Quickly making his way towards Roach he let him lose and climbed up into the saddle. "Alright Boy, be swift this time, she's close, I can feel the pull returning."
And it was true, the pull between the two was once more opening up.

Selene was quickly urging Raven down the path, the gates were in sight however her silver eyes widened as the pull returned full force and before she could even pass through the gates a hand reached out and grabbed her arm. Turning with wide eyes the last of the blue vanished just as they locked onto golden orbs.

Gold and silver eyes locked on each other and she felt her breathe catch, he found her and all of a sudden she was afraid. She had avoided this man for so long that was hoping she would never see him again, yet here they were, face to face once more.

Geralt looked at the woman surprised, it would seem the old man hadn't been joking when he said the eyes were blue before they faded back into the silver eyes he was use to. "So they are blue." Selene said nothing to him at first.

"How did you find me?" She asked after a few moments of total yet awkward silence. He chuckled at this. "Your smell, the pull and the very helpful old man at the tavern." She wanted to curse but instead she sighed.

"Why have you looked for me?" He raises an eyebrow "one I owe you for your help, and do not say you don't deserve it. Two, a thank you for saving my life that day. And three, your name."

Selene sat there and listened and immediately stiffened as he said he wanted her name. "I know it starts with an Se as triss almost let it slip." This made her curse. "Fuckin witch." This time Geralt laughed. "Oh yeah, she can be stupid at times. But my name is Geralt of Rivia."

Silver eyes narrowed a bit as he told her his actual name and then she sighed as she saw he was being sincere. "Selene." His smile only grew but he waited on her to finish. So with a softly mumbled curse she spoke again. "Selene of Vesina." Now he was all smiles. "It's nice to finally know your name Sel."

Said woman's eyes widened before she fought back a blush. "It's Selene!" He chuckled. "I know Sel, now come on, i have questions for that old man." Selene blinked then groaned at the annoying nickname. "I need to leave." "I'm sorry but I'm not letting that happen. Besides, everyone here....no ones looked at us weirdly yet."

This made her eyes brows raise as she realized what he said was true, no one was glaring at them. "Now come on I want answers...and possibly work." So with a sigh she allowed him to lead her and her horse back to the tavern.