Chapter 20

The little boy started at her with wide green eyes, his chestnut brown hair hung over his ears, curling a bit at the ends, his olive like complexion right down to his freckles. "Stop the storm, I know you can." The boy however was scared, that was easy to see.

    Cursing too herself Selene threw all caution to the wind. She threw off her cloak allowing her body to be fully exposed to the harsh winter weather. Her clothes hardly warm enough for this weather, but the child needed her and comfort. Her long black hair blew behind her whipping in all directions and her eyes watered, the cold was becoming to much.

    Without thinking she grabbed the boy and held him tight. "It's okay now, I'll protect you. You're safe."

    Meanwhile geralt and Lambert were forcing there way through the storm, both being blinded by the snow. "God damn I knew the next part was coming!" Geralt only groaned. "I hate agreeing with you, so I'm gonna say this is not a normal storm, it came out of fucking no where. Think about it, it was calm a few minutes ago, not a damn cloud to indicated it was going to snow."

    Lambert frowned, geralt however had a point. "Damn I hate agreeing with you, but I think you're right, somethings causing the damn storms." "Yeah, and I'm betting Selene sensed it as well. So she's probably looking for the source." "Well lets just hope she isn't fucking frozen to death this weather is horrible." Geralt could only silently agree. When out of nowhere the storm suddenly vanished.

    "What the fuck?" "I have no idea, but let's hurry and find Selene." And with that the two ran off to find Selene.

   Selene had a tight grip on the child, who was frozen in her arms. For a moment he didn't know what to do, before he held her back and broke down crying. However thanks to selene promising him that he was safe with her did he finally stop the storm.

    Selene was freezing at this point, her breathing ragged and her heartbeat slowing down to dangerous levels. "You're okay, I promise you, you're okay." Pulling back a bit she smiled at him and he weakly smiled back. "I did it." She nodded at this. "I knew you could."

    At this point her vision was going black and she cursed. "Whats wrong?! Miss?!" Selene couldn't answer, her body was numb, she could hardly breathe and before she knew it everything went black and she fell face first into the snow cover ground.

    The little boys eyes widened and he let out a terrified scream the second she collapsed and he quickly looked around before finding the black cloak and covering her. "Miss, Miss wake up! You can't sleep here!"

   Geralt however heard the scream at the same time as Lambert and they both took off running. It wasn't long until they broke through the thickest of the trees and saw Selene laying face first in the snow and a little boy next to her panicking. "Selene!"

   The little boy looked up and since he was already afraid with the woman suddenly collapsing he glared at them and summoned yet another storm. "Ugh! The kids making the storms." And geralt grunted. "Kid wait! We're just here to help! She's our friend!" "Speak for yourself, that's my sister laying there freezing to death!"

   Upon hearing this the little boy suddenly stopped the storm and looked at them. "You're telling the truth? You're really here to help her?" "Yes we are, what happened?"

   "She found me, I was scared and upset I thought she was sent to kill me, so the snow kept attacking her, so she threw off her cloak and held me till I calmed down, but her breathing is really slow and she won't wake up." The little boy was about to cry again. "She said she would protect me. Take me somewhere safe."

  Geralt nodded that definitely sounded like something Selene would do. So without thinking he picked up an almost frozen Selene and lambert grabbed the boy. "Alright we need to really run, the cottage is close by we need to warm Selene up slowly though, or we'll send her into shock." And with that they all ran off, heading right for the cottage.

   Geralt got there first and quickly opened the door while supporting Selene in one arm, her lips were blue and her body almost like ice, while he saw the cut on her face he would ask about that later.

   Lambert and the boy came in next, closing the door behind them
Lambert quickly used igni to start up a fire and geralt took off the snow covered cloak before laying Selene beside it. After waiting a few minutes he covered her with old grey cloak and laid beside her trying to share his warmth with her.

   "Okay kid, what happened to her face?" "I....I..." he was scared to tell them, so he just fell silent, his eyes on Selene as he watched the color come back to her cheeks and her lips slowly warming up as well. Lambert sighed as he realized the kid wouldn't or couldn't tell them so all they could do now was wait for Selene to wake up so she could explain herself.

    When Selene woke it was hours later, her body was incredibly warm and she felt something laying next to her so she weakly turned her head only to see familiar ashen colored hair. Upon realizing it was Geralt did she finally feel relief as she curled up against him, trying to keep as warm as possible.

   However that simple movement woke the sleeping man beside her and his golden eyes locked onto tired silver ones.

   With a weak a sheepish smile and spoke. "Hi?" Geralt stared at her for a few minutes before he finally grabbed her and pulled her against him. "You scared the fuck out of me. When I woke up and saw you were gone, we thought you left, then we found raven...and gods Selene when I saw you laying there in the fucking snow...hardly breathing."

    Selene gasped as Geralt's grip tightened. "Can't...breathe...I'm sorry.." he loosened his hold but cupped her face. "I am so fucking relieved to see you awake, and unharmed, minus the bruises and the cut."

  "Yeah, kid managed to use the snow to blast me into a tree, and some ice from the snow cut my face, that's all. Is...." "kids okay, He's asleep next to lambert, he didn't know we came to help you so he attacked us next." Selene frowned but understood the kid tried to keep her safe the only way he knew.

    "He was left out there...." "I know he told us." She frowned but soon relaxed against Geralt. "You're lips are still a bit blue you know." Selene blinked before sighing and went to turn and face the fire when he stopped her. "Hm?" Geralt only shook his head. "You said they're blue, so I'll just face the fire, it'll help-" she didn't get to finish that sentence because in that moment Geralt leaned closer to her and kissed her.

   Silver eyes widened and she struggled against him trying to break the kiss, it was basically sensory overload and it scared her. However Geralt simply held the side of her face as he moved half way on top of her. Blinking Selene forced herself to relax only for Geralt to pull back. It was silent for a moment before Selene spoke.

    "That was not at all how I ever intended to possibly loose my first kiss." His eyes widened at her words before he chuckled. "Then allow me to fix that?" She hesitated, he could see it in her eyes, someone he had only known for all of three months and only really two months of actually being around her he was already falling for her. "A...alright."

    He gave her a smile before he finally kissed her again. One hand on the side of her face, the other on the floor, selene hesitated for a moment before she finally kissed him back, her hands moving to tangle into his hair as she felt herself blush. Pulling back after a moment he stole one last kiss before laying back down and allowed her to move so her head was on his chest. "Sleep a bit more Selene, it's late." Selene only hummed before closing her eyes, her exhaustion taking over and she simply fell asleep with geralt close behind her.