Chapter 27

When Selene woke up it was dark outside, and besides her Geralt was still asleep, shaking her head she slowly climbed out of bed before stretching up and cracking her bones. Looking over at Geralt once more to make sure he was still asleep.

Upon seeing that he was in fact still asleep did she relax. Grabbing her hairbrush she quickly set to work on removing all of the tangles and knots. Once that was done did she finally settle on pulling her hair up into a high ponytail before she braided it the rest of the way and allowed it to hang just at her hips.

Fixing her clothes to make sure she was presentable did she finally sit down on the edge of the bed and pull on her boots. Leaning over she kissed Geralt's cheek before standing up and walking out of the room.

As she made her way down the stairs she could see just about everything, even with it being pitch black, a Witcher's eyes were always able to adjust much faster. She could see the doors that led to the library, or one of them, she could see that another door had been locked for so long that it was covered in dust. Shaking her head she finally climbed down the last stair.

Taking a deep breathe she tried to recall the last time she was here but soon gave up and walked through the door. Which led her right into the main hall and caused Vesemir to look up from his spot at the table. "Ah Selene, the other Two are in bed now, and I'm assuming Geralt is still asleep?"

She nodded as she walked over to the table and sat down. "Why aren't you asleep?" "Not sure, I woke up and didn't even try to go back to sleep." Vesemir frowned but the could understand. "I'm sorry this place brings back bad memories." "They're not all bad, i have some decent ones. However I'm curious why did you call all of us back?"

"Simple, it's been ages since I've seen any of you, two I know most of you actually need the rest and three, consider it me being selfish and wanting all of you in one spot even if it's just for a few weeks while the spring storms rage." Selene gave a half smile at this. "Leave it to you, to want company." Vesemir chuckled. "I know, but come on, I have some fruit you can eat, then I suggest you go back to bed before Geralt comes to find you."

Selene laughed but she could already hear faint footsteps heading their way. "He's already awake and heading this way." Vesemir raised an eyebrow at this, but low and behold not even moments after Selene said that did geralt walk through the door and quickly made his way towards Selene and himself. "How you heard him is beyond me." Selene shrugged and shifted as Geralt sat beside her.

Still being half asleep he hid his face in her neck and took a deep breathe. "You left me." Selene placed her hand over Geralt's and and hummed softly. "Hmm, no, I only came downstairs to get something to eat." Vesemir however was simply watching them, it was rare when he saw this side of Geralt's and even rarer to see it coming from Selene.

"Alright, let me go get you two something to eat so you two can go back to bed." And with that he stood and left the area. Geralt gently nuzzled Selene's neck before pulling back to look at her. "You alright?" "Yeah, woke up, couldn't go back to sleep so I came downstairs and saw Vesemir by himself." He nodded.

"He say why we're all here?" "He did, and long story short, he's lonely, wanted all of us in one spot while the storms pass over. And I think knowing him, there's some stuff to be repaired." He shrugged at this. "Sounds like the old man, he usually is up here alone since we stopped the trial of the grasses."

"Which I'm thankful for." "Makes two of us." Selene nodded and shifted again so she could lay her head against his shoulder and he simply wrapped his arm around her keeping her close to him. They sat there in total silence until Vesemir came back with some Venison and fruit. "Here you two eat up, then back to bed. We can all talk in the morning." And with that he left and went upstairs through one of the other doors leaving Geralt and Selene to eat in peace.

Once they finished and cleaned up did geralt lead Selene back up to their shared room. He watched as she sat on the bed and removed her shoes and socks before she started unbraiding her hair and removing it from the ponytail letting it fall down in waves around her. Once that was done he saw her stand again and step behind and screen to change while he himself only removed his shirt. Selene came back out in just a long shirt, just as geralt had laid back down. "Come here, I wanna hold you." Selene simply smiled before she crawled back into the bed and under the covers where geralt wrapped his arms around her.

"Night Sel." "Night Geralt." And with that he kissed her softly on the lips before laying down and closing his eyes falling asleep Selene not to long after him.