Chapter 43

"Geralt I'm worried." Geralt frowned, it had been over a week since he arrived in Novigrad and there was still no sign of Selene. "I am too, but what happens if we leave and she shows up?" "I....I don't know." However they didn't have to wonder long, because moments later the sounds of a horse running at high speed could be heard heading there way.

    They both shared a look before running outside to see who it could be. Golden and brown eyes widened as they saw a pure black mare with a silver mane running at full speed. "Isn't that...." "Raven." They waited to see if the horse would slow down however their eyes widened as they saw two people on the horse, one with ashen colored hair, the other with raven hair.

    However instead of stopping the girl with ashen hair only looked at geralt, her greenish blue eyes locked on him for a moment before the horse ran right past them. Silver eyes were straight ahead however she still saw Geralt out of the corner of her eye but she couldn't stop, she had a child to protect at the moment.

    "That was Selene...." geralt nodded. "That kid...." dandelion looked at him. "Look, we don't have time to chit chat now." Geralt looked at him. "It's a good thing I got the horses ready last night, let's go." He climbed up onto his horse, and took off after Selene, Geralt  thankfully wasn't far behind. "Dandelion, did she turn or go straight?" "She's going straight, she's passing through the side gate, it's the least used, and guards are hardly there."

    "Then move it!" The horses were easily gaining speed, because the second they made it out of the gate did they finally go at full speed. "I think she's slowing down Geralt!" Geralt looked up and low and behold Selene was finally having Raven slow down until the horse came to a total stop.

   Ciri had been holding onto Selene for dear life at this point. "I've never seen a horse go so fast." "Yeah, Sorry about that. But we lost the idiots." Ciri smiled at her. "Yeah, I still can't believe you cut off one of their heads." "He was trying to kill you." "Yes i know, but he was trying to kill you as well." Selene rubbed her forehead. "Yeah, but you were just a tad bit more important in my mind." Ciri was about to ask what she meant when she looked over and saw a man with golden cat like eyes, ashen Grey hair and a pair of swords on his back, then she saw someone with brown eyes and brown hair had joined them. He however only carried a lute on him.

   Gripping Selene's arm tightly, she suddenly wished they hadn't dismounted just yet. "Selene....we have company." Selene didn't even hesitated she pushed Ciri behind her just as she drew her steel blade only to pause at who she saw. Geralt blinked as he and dandelion had also dismounted at this point. "Really Sel? That's rude, I don't see you in what a week or two and the second I see you, I get a sword to my face?"

    Selene blinked before she tilted her head. She carefully studied him before speaking. "Touch something Silver then." His eyes widened, it would seem as if she wasn't going to back down, meaning something definitely happened. So he took off his gloves before grabbing his silver sword by the blade. "See?" Selene nodded and put her sword away, while Geralt did the same and pulled on his glove.

    No one moved for a second, Ciri hidden safely behind Selene. Gripping Selene's cloak she spoke. "Can I come out of its safe?" "Yeah." Ciri came out of hiding and looked at Geralt who was shocked. "Ciri, allow me to introduce you to Geralt of Rivia." Geralt's Didn't even think, he just opened his arms and Ciri ran right to him. Selene watched them and looked over at Dandelion who smiled at her.

   Walking towards the bard she gave him a quick hug, one that he held a moment longer. "You had us scared you know." "Yeah, I know, But I saw her tracks, so." "I know, and you did great." Selene pulled back from Dandelion only to be pulled on by the arm. Turning her head she saw both Geralt and Ciri staring at her, each one with a grip on her arm. "Yes?" Geralt smiled before Ciri stepped back and watched as Geralt grabbed Selene, picking her up and he held her close to him.

    Selene held onto him tightly as she gripped his shoulders. "Hello Geralt." He smiled at her. "Hello beautiful." And with that he kissed her. Ciri wrinkled her nose but giggled. However the second she saw the bard did she feel nervous and all of a sudden wanted to be close to Selene. Selene pulled back from the kiss and geralt easily put her down. "So can you explain to me what happened and how you found Ciri?"

   Stepping back Selene bit her lower lip as she debated. However Ciri chose that time to wrap her tiny arms back around Selene and hide against her. "Hmm? Ciri whats wrong?" Ciri shook her head not speaking. "Hm, oh Jaskir, you should have introduced yourself to her." Selene placed a comforting hand on Ciri's head. "Don't worry Ciri, he's harmless, his name is Jaskir but we call him dandelion."

   Ciri nodded but still stayed close to Selene. "Hm? Don't wanna stand near Geralt?" "No." That baffled both Geralt and Dandelion but Selene didn't even seem phased. "Alright, But lets go me where else. A place where there are no roaming ears." Grabbing raven by the reigns she led her horse down the path, while Ciri kept her death grip on Selene's hand.

   Geralt and dandelion shared a look before they both quickly followed after them. Each one wondering what could of happened one to make Selene question who they were, and Two to make those girls run through the town as if they were being chased by monsters. Geralt however was curious as to how Selene found Ciri, but he knew that Sel wouldn't talk until she felt safe. So with quick steps he made sure he kept both girls in his sight at all times. Once they reached a well hidden cave, which ironically had a cottage on the inside did Selene finally stop. "Okay, I'll tell you what you need to no, but first, Ciri and myself need food." Geralt nodded and vanished out of the cave to track them down some food while dandelion worked on setting a fire.

    "Ciri, you okay with this?" "Yes, they have a right to no." Selene nodded and sat down holding her, only moving once to cast igni on the dried wood that dandelion was struggling with. "Oh! Uhh thanks." Selene nodded before she sat back down holding Ciri protectively while they waited for geralt to return.