Chapter 38

As the three traveled to Novigrad, Dandelion couldn't help but notice how Geralt who usually moved quickly was going at a slower pace. That's when he saw him reach over and grab Selene's hand, which made her look over at him and smile. Shaking his head he continued to follow behind them before his curiosity got the best of him.

    "So does anyone know how long it's gonna take us to reach Novigrad?" Selene tilted her head as Geralt furrowed his brows as if deep in thought. However it was Selene who finally spoke. "Well, if we keep up this pace sometime early tomorrow, should we speed up for any time for any reason however, we should arrived by midnight." Dandelion blinked and looked at Geralt who nodded. "She's right Dandelion."

    "So how many times have you Two done this?" Selene looked back and blinked. "This will only be the second time I've ever been to Novigrad, for Geralt I'm not sure." Geralt looked at them both and sighed. "My third time back here, First time I literally just passed through. Second time I was with Selene and we had the displeasure of meeting Yennifer while we were there." Selene stiffened, only slightly however, so if you weren't watching carefully you would miss it.

    "Umm, while I'm not that woman's biggest fan, Selene seems to really not like her." Selene looked at Geralt and he stared back before she shrugged. With a sigh Geralt spoke. "That's because Yennifer is one of my ex lovers." Dandelion's jaw dropped and he looked at Selene who seemed as if she was trying really hard to not acknowledge that information. "However after sometime I realized my feelings for her vanished, this is before I even met Selene."

    "Then why leave if I can ask?" He sighed before they continued and while he debated on what to say, did Selene reach over and gently hold his hand, which easily helped Geralt relax. "I felt something that day. I felt the weirdest pull, it was so small, so easy to miss, yet it felt as if lightning had hit me in that moment and I was thinking clearly." Selene for her part was silent, as she let Geralt continue.

    "So you left?" "I did, I found her downstairs and I told her I couldn't do it no more. I couldn't shake the feeling either." Dandelion nodded. "Assume that didn't go well?" "She was angry, but she knew attacking me wouldn't be a very smart idea." He only nodded. "So what happened then?" "I left, I immediately set out searching for whatever it was I felt that day, one day I felt a lot of agony and then anger. It was unusual, thinking back on it." He turned to look at Selene.

    "It was you." She tilted her head. "At the time, when I felt what I did, I realize now it was you. You were in pain and I'm sure the agony was you as well." Selene nodded slowly. "Must of been the bond trying to have us find each other." Geralt nodded and dandelion was confused. "Bond?" Selene looked back and shifted slightly. "A lot of people call it destiny. Many have even told us we are Bound By Destiny. But I call horse shit on it."

    Geralt shook his head but he was also grinning. "Right, neither Sel nor myself believe in destiny, but we respect those who do. Don't we Sel?" Said woman flipped him off and he laughed. "You're such a cruel woman Sel." "You love it." "Oh I don't deny that, but I'm gonna need you to behave." And with that they all laughed.

    "You two are really cute together, I'm glad you both finally found each other." Selene nodded before she spoke. "Thanks, however, this only happened because Geralt was to damn stubborn to leave me alone when I kept running away from him."  "Wait are you serious?" "She's pretty serious." Dandelion felt his jaw drop. "Selene, hated physical contact, hated getting attached, I remember when I saw her that one day in the market, she had only caught a glimpse of me, but it was enough to bring back the faint bond between us, a pull as we call it often. Her eyes widened in shock and I had never seen a woman turn so fast and run off in my life."

    He playfully glared at Selene who faintly smiled. "I let her be, figuring at the time she probably realized she forgot something, no little did i know I was gonna just bump into her again." "What do you mean?" "I took a job, I was hired to kill a werewolf. When I found this crazy woman sitting in a tree. Probably startled her as she was climbing down, cause she lost her footing and fell, thankfully she landed on her feet." 

    Selene playfully hit him this time. "I still can't believe you fucking thought I was that creature." "You thought Selene was the werewolf?" He rubbed the back of his head. "For all of a minute, and if she had been well I wouldn't have killed her. But that's when I saw the silver eyes, the faint outline of the wolf medallion, although I wasn't sure. Regardless, she was fighting off the wolf later that night, she was doing fine until the wind and her hair blinded her, so i killed it. She collapsed in the snow, and scared me shitless so I kept her near the fire at my camp. When I woke she was gone."

    Selene looked embarrassed at that. "I actually had to force myself to leave...." "Ah, so you actually didn't want to." "A bit of both." He nodded and then chuckled. "So keep going, it's nice hearing about how you two met." Selene looked at Geralt and shook her head. "Well, i Can't say much more, except that once we are probably behind walls or back in Kaer Morhen, you could possibly learn more." Selene weakly smiled. "He's only stopping because I want him to." Dandelion looked at her and nodded, he couldn't be mad at her for wanting her privacy.

   "Alright, But Mark my words, I will find out." And they laughed. After sometime Selene looked at Geralt and he noticed the way the sky was changing. "It's getting dark. We might need to stop." Selene nodded, and as much as she wanted to keep going she couldn't endanger Dandelion's life. "You two want to stop?" "We don't want to put you in danger actually, traveling at night can be extremely dangerous if you don't know which way to go." Selene nodded in agreement and that's when he realized Selene hardly spoke during the trip.

   "Alright, makes sense, but Selene are you okay? You hardly spoke a single word today." "Not much of a talker I'm afraid." He simply blinked before he nodded and the three slowly stopped for the night. "Alright Sel, can you get the fire going?" "Yeah, you have the dried venison?" "Mhm." He walked off and quickly came back with some fire wood. Once he set it down did Selene use igni to start the fire, immediately bringing warmth to all three. Not even waiting Geralt simply pulled Selene down so she was now next to him and not even a moment after that she simply curled up into his side while Dandelion got the food out of Geralt's bag and handed it out. Once the three finished eating did Dandelion immediately pass out, Selene not to long after. Geralt smiled softly and kissed Selene's forehead before he settled against the tree and also fell asleep, but not a deep one, no not now, not when they could need to run at any given moment. So he slipped, very easily into a very light sleep.