Chapter 54

They had spent a few days on the road, having decided to avoid some of the smaller towns and villages. However at this moment in time they were all sitting in an abandoned home. Selene looked over and saw that Ciri was finally asleep before she glanced back at Geralt and Dandelion. "Yes?" Geralt simply frowned before he spoke. "Why didn't you say anything when we got to that town."

Selene sighed and ran her nails through her hair. "Why? What good would it have done? We needed supplies, I literally even said i would travel around the village." His frown only deepened. "That's not the point and you know it." Selene looked agitated this time. "Because I wanted to forget, because that part of my life I want to believe is over. I'm a big girl Geralt and I can damn well handle my own fights." And with that she stood up and walked out of the house with a huff.

Geralt blinked as he was caught off guard and turned to look at the now closed door behind him. "I didn't mean to anger her....I just....I would have rather known so I didn't make her do something that upset her." Dandelion sighed. "Stay with Ciri I'll go see if she can't be calmed down." And with that he stood and ran after Selene.

Selene had only gone a little ways down the path, which in dandelion's opinion was great, the town had definitely seen better days. "Selene?" She turned to look at him, her arms crossed. "What?" "I know you want to forget, but Geralt only wanted to know so he could make sure it wouldn't upset. Not because he thinks you can't handle it." She raised an eyebrow and looked up as she saw Geralt waiting by the door.

Dandelion turned to see what had caught her attention and sighed. "Just let him explain himself little Sis, I promise you won't regret it." She softly smiled. "I'm not mad anyway, I just...get overly defensive." Geralt heard this and weakly smiled before walking down towards her as Dandelion went inside. "I really didn't mean to make it sound like you couldn't handle yourself, I just hate when I put you in a situation that makes you uncomfortable."

She touched the side of his face and softly smiled. "I know, I just needed to cool off before I did get mad. I know you were only trying to help, And I get it. But Geralt I also need to be able to get over those fears of mine." He sighed softly and as much as he understood he knew it would be hard to watch her suffer. "Besides I have you to talk to if it becomes to much."

This made him chuckle and lean down before kissing her softly on the lips. "This is true." She nodded and wrapped her arms around his neck and he simply placed his hands on her waist. And even though there was no music, no song, the two still found themselves swaying together to a tune only they could hear.

Dandelion looked out the window and saw this. Checking on Ciri he made sure she was still asleep before grabbed his lute and went outside before he started playing a slow song. One that made the two smile as they continued to dance together. Once the song finished the three went inside so they could check on Ciri.

"You know that was cute." Selene tilted her head. "The way you two just danced together even without the music." Selene looked at Geralt and he smiled at her. "No, it was a song only we know. But that you for playing for us Dandelion. You have no idea how much that meant to us." Selene nodded In agreement before she went and sat down next to Ciri covering her up with one of the cloaks that weren't being used. Geralt however walked over and took her hand before her pulled her over to another spot of the house and sat down pulling her with him as he curled himself around her. With a soft laugh selene cuddled against him as Dandelion laid next to Ciri. "Night guys."

"Night Dandelion, And Geralt." He only grunted and she had to fight back a laugh before she laid her head against his chest and slowly fell asleep. It wasn't long until the other two were also asleep, each hoping that the trip that Laid ahead of them wouldn't be so hard.