Chapter 31

Two years had passed since Selene and Geralt had last seen each other. Their final night in Kaer Morhen was one that geralt never forgot. While they never did get around to finishing what they started that day at the tower, it didn't phase him. No, Selene had done something else. She had told him that he meant something to her And while it wasn't exactly what he expected he accepted it all the same.

     Geralt had finally arrived in Tamriel and was heading to meet up with Triss as he needed her to make him a few more elixirs for his trip. Along the way however he ran into a bard who went by the name of Jaskir, but preferred to be called by his stage name, Dandelion.

    He tried many times to get the bard to leave but the man was clearly persistent and stuck to Geralt like glue. However going to Tamriel was for another reason as well. A month or so ago he had received a letter telling him to go there and wait for someone to show up at Triss' cottage.

   "So Geralt. I couldn't help but notice you didn't sleep with that woman from the inn." He grunted. "Hm, no reason to sleep with her." "And why is that?" "Not interested in fucking a whore." Dandelion frowned but shrugged. "Makes me think you have a lover. Which is funny since I didn't think witchers had those, let alone..." he quickly shut up the second he saw Geralt's glare. "Watch your tongue Dandelion, I have someone, someone very dear to me and I won't fuck it up."

    Brown eyes widened and he smiled. "So you do have someone you love!" He only grunted as they finally arrived at the cottage. "Who? Is it someone I know?" "No." "Tell me." "Again, no." At this point Triss came out with a raised eyebrow. "You two are so loud I could hear you two heading my way."

    "Sorry about that Triss, got a letter, was suppose to meet someone here? I also needed my..." she handed him a bag. "Your elixirs. Already paid for in fact." He raised an eyebrow at this. "How did you know though?" "Oh that's simple really." "Well?" "Well what?" He groaned. "Tell me how you knew."

   At this point someone else was walking out of the cottage, the person wore a dark black cloak, perfect for the winter winds that were soon to be on their way, yet still quite a ways off. A pair of black heeled boots that were usually worn in fighting, and black leather pants. Dandelion looked over and raised an eyebrow while Geralt spoke to Triss.

    The person however finally lowered their hood and revealed deep silver eyes, with a black slit, now that she had more control of her abilities she was able to change her eyes at will, while the slit was usually blue revealing what was once her original eye color, Selene had found a way to hide it. And her hair, it was long and black as the night sky, blue tints were easily seen and she watched with an amused smile.

    "Well, aren't you simply beautiful My lady. Won't you let me treat you to a drink?" Selene raised a single eyebrow as she furrowed her brow and smirked. "I dunno, my other half just might kill you for even asking." Dandelion felt his breathing hitch, her voice was like a song, sweet and gentle. "Come now, a single drink won't upset anyone." Geralt at this point had stopped talking to Triss and looked over to see who Dandelion was talking to and snarled.

    Dandelion looked at geralt and frowned. "Geralt don't be so rude to the woman. Come on darlin I'm sure a drink won't kill you." Selene rolled her eyes. "That won't, but he will kill you." Dandelion just blinked having not caught on yet. "Who is he? Why would he kill me?" At this point Geralt had enough and gripped his shoulder. "Geralt?" "Flirt with her again, I fucking dare you." Dandelion just blinked.

   Selene laughed and Geralt smiled at the sound. "I've missed that laugh." Said woman looked at him and grinned. "Yes, but I believe I've missed you and your hugs more." Geralt finally walked over before he caught Selene in his arms and picked her up holding her close. Selene simply returned the hug before being put down and she kissed him once on the lips. "I've missed you Geralt."

     He smiled as he placed his head against hers. "As I've missed you Sel." Dandelion felt his jaw drop at this. "Wait! That's your other half Geralt?!" He only nodded, before moving to the side, his arm around Selene as the two walked over. "I'm Selene of Vesina. Geralt's literal other half." Geralt nodded. "Yep, been with her for over two years now." "So she knows you're a Witcher? And she's okay with this?"

  Selene laughed. "My, my He's not the brightest now is he?" Geralt chuckled. "Nope." Selene looked at him. "I'm just like him, I'm also a Witcher, the only female one alive as a matter of fact." His jaw just dropped before he suddenly had loads of questions. "So why haven't you been with him? What to good to travel with your other half?" Selene blinked before looking at geralt, the fact dandelion managed to say something that hurt her was a bit of a shock and Geralt snarled.

    "It's not that, I just had other jobs, I would have rather been by Geralt's side believe me, but my jobs prevented that. I also needed space and so did he. By the way Letho said hello." Geralt nodded. "So you did run into him." "I did, was almost crushed to death by a hug. Man never did learn I hate being touched." Dandelion raised an eyebrow confused. When triss spoke up. "She's picky about who hugs her. Geralt here is the only man who was able to do it after two months of knowing her. While she's warming up to others your best bet don't touch her."

    The two nodded and Selene smiled. "Besides Triss only knew about the elixirs because I wrote the letter telling you to meet me here. Without saying it was me you were gonna see." He chuckled. "I should have known, but you managed to hide your sent by using oils like peppermint, you know I hate when you muddle your smell, and even more when you hide the bond." She shrugged. "Wanted to surprise you." "And surprised I am, but come on, we can go get some food and a drink while Triss gets back to work."

    Selene nodded and dandelion was just gobsmacked. However he shook his head and followed the two into town, where he would undeniably be asking as many questions as he possibly could, without dying hopefully.