Chapter 6

When Selene awoke the next morning she realized that she was covered in a cold sweat and a chill ran down her spine. Taking a deep breathe she quickly sat up and climbed out of her temporary bed before she quickly ran down the stairs. The pull she felt was weak and it alarmed her.

    "Triss!" Came the panicked cry, while she didn't want to have anyone become important to her, let alone become important she realized right then and there that something was terribly wrong.

    "Selene? What is it?" She looked worried, her green eyes narrowed as her brow furrowed in panic and alarm. "Something....I think something happened to Geralt."

   This time the green eyes widened and panic filled her being. "What do you mean? How do you know this?" Selene was already heading towards the door however. "I can feel it...I can feel a pull when I'm around him."

    Triss blinked once before she stood and ran after Selene who was already running out the door. "So it is Destiny!" Selene rolled her eyes but kept running towards the abandoned castle. "I don't believe in that horse shit."

    "And why not?" "Because all that waits for me in this life or the next is nothing but a cold and empty grave." Triss shuddered, the way Selene spoke about death was oddly calm, like she didn't fear dying.

    "He won't let you die so easily." Selene said nothing, because now wasn't the time to be discussing any of this, they had to make it geralt before the pull disappeared completely.

    Upon reaching the castle the doors slammed open as Selene formed a sign and blasted the door. Upon entering inside she felt the pull become a little stronger along with the disgusting smell of blood. "Shit."

    Triss stopped behind her and she looked around, the place was far worse then she remembered showing that Geralt had indeed fought the Striga with difficulty.

    "Where do we go now?" She was panicking, Geralt was her friend and she would not let him die here. So she looked to Selene who finally saw the giant hole in the floor. "Down this way." "Are you insane? That drop looks far to dangerous."

    Selene snorted, "for you maybe. But not for me, however we don't have time to argue, so quickly this way." And with that she ran down the hall focusing on nothing but the pull.

   She didn't understand why she was worried about some man she hardly knew, she didn't understand why him dying left her feeling hollow and empty. She blamed it on the pull, on anything, yet she knew, she knew it was her emotions coming back to the fore front of her mind after being buried for so very long.

    "Are we almost there?" Triss asked as she ran behind Selene. "Yes, now stop using my name because the last thing I want is someone else knowing it." Triss sighed yet understood, she had also promised to keep it a secret.

    She could only hope that Selene herself would one day be willing to let Geralt know it. Especially since it seemed like he had taken an interest in the girl. No matter how hard he fought it, they would always run into each other.

    Selene kept moving unaware of Triss' current thought process nor did she care. They had to get to him, and thankfully she soon saw the stairs that would lead them
Down into the basement.

    Quickly running down the stairs she looked around before she froze. Both geralt and the girl simply laid there. "He broke the curse..." was all she heard Triss say before she came out of her shock and ran to Geralt, she didn't even care to stop and help the princess, let alone make sure she was still alive.

   Instead she knelt down next to geralt and cursed. His neck was bleeding and there were several other Injuries to boot. "Damn it." Triss however had knelt down next to the princess. "She's still alive." She was amazed, she didn't think something like this was even possible.

    Yet Selene only rolled her eyes. "Good on her, but Geralt needs help and fast!" Her voice was a snap, she could smell a bit of poison and it worried her, while Witcher's typically had slow heartbeats his was far to slow for her liking.

   That seemed to have Triss spring into action though. While she was miffed that Selene didn't care about the princess or at least that's what it seemed like. But what amazed her was how alarmed she was for Geralt, a man she didn't know and almost smiled. But she knew that now was not the time so with a sigh she grabbed the princess and opened a portal.

    Selene grimaced, she hated portals with a god damn passion, they made her feel sick and disoriented. "I'm sending you and Geralt to my cottage, I need you to start cleaning out the infected area's while  I take the princess back to her father." Selene grimaced but agreed, Geralt needed help and he needed it fast.

    So with much reluctance she just managed to pick up Geralt and carry him through the portal.

    Once they were on the other side did she stumble and groan, "Fuckin portals, worst way of travel I swear." However while she ranted she dragged Geralt over to the cot and with slight difficulty placed him on it. She looked at him and frowned, he was in pure pain. His silver white hair clung to his skin, and he was covered in sweat, he had multiple bruises and she could easily see the poison was spreading along with a fever.

   With a sigh she quickly removed his shirt and grabbed a bucket with water and a rag. She at least knew how to treat a poison and clean out the injuries. She could only hope triss would be back soon. She weakly grabbed his hand and squeezed it as he was now barely awake. "Shh, it's okay, stay with me...it's gonna be okay I promise you." He tried to speak, to assure her that he would be fine but his tongue felt like led and he only squeezed her hand in response. With a weak sigh she simply sat there and waited for triss.