Chapter 33

Once Geralt found the perfect spot near a lake did he let go of Selene's hand and look around to make sure the area was safe. Selene however had walked closer towards the lake and stared into the murky waters. Her senses on high alert but after a few minutes she turned to look at him. "Area seems safe to me." Geralt smiled as he pulled off his cloak and laid it out on the grass so they could sit down.

    Selene smiled a bit before she walked back towards him. Geralt was already setting out the food and pouring the wine into two cups that he had pulled out from the bag. Selene watched him carefully before she knelt down on the cloak. Once down Geralt turned to her and handed her the cup smiling all the while. "Thank you." "You're welcome." The two sat there in silence for a moment while each of them just watched the sky.

    "It's beautiful isn't it?" Geralt however looked over at Selene and shrugged. "It's alright I suppose." Selene turned her head to look at him, a confused look etched up her face, her brow furrowed a bit while she bit down on her lower lip. "What's wrong with it?" Blinking he slowly came back to his senses and shook his head. "Nothing is wrong with it." She tilted her head this time her long raven hair falling over her one shoulder.

    "Then I don't get it." He reaches over and gently brushed her hair back before he slid his hand up to where her ponytail started. "You're more beautiful then the moon and stars." Silver eyes widen because as he said that he pulled out her hair tie and watched as her hair fell down around her a sea of waves. Blushing faintly she ended up having to look away and she sipped her wine. She was trying to hide the embarrassment.

    However he saw this, he saw the faint flush to her cheeks and chuckled. Putting down his cup, he simply took hers and placed it next to his. "Hm?" He shook his head before moving closer. "And what are you up to?" He flashed her a smile before he suddenly pulled her against him. "Oh I dunno, just holding the most beautiful woman." Selene laughed before she kissed his cheek. "Adorable." He snorted but turned his head and caught her mouth with his own kissing her slowly, like they had all the time in the world.

    To which he supposed they did, Witcher's aged slowly, and some seemingly for unknown reasons just never aged after a certain point. Adapting to the mutations more so then others. Selene returned his kiss, it was slow and just right, her hands were on his shoulders as he laid her down onto the cloak, the food and wine seemingly forgotten as all of his attention was on the woman he held. Moving his hands he kept one on her hip and the other moved up so it cupped her face as Selene slid hers down his chest.

    Pulling back from the kiss Geralt smiled before rolling off of her and laid down next to her. The two simply watching the stars now. Selene simply smiled and snuggled closer to Geralt for his warmth and her own comfort. "This is nice." He nodded in agreement as he opened one arm and allowed her to lay against him. Her head on his chest, a hand over his heart as her other was wrapped around her own stomach. Placing his hand over her, he laced their fingers together before using his other arm as a pillow for himself.

    "I really did miss you Sel, two years was an awfully long time apart." "I know, thankfully it won't happen again." "It better not, or I'll kick your ass. Then drag you back and keep you all to myself." She laughed and he soon joined in. "Or you just go with me." His deep chuckle seemingly put Selene at ease. "That's also true." Selene simply smiled as she placed a kiss over his heart and looked back up at the sky.

   They laid there in complete and total silence. Simply enjoying each other's company. It wasn't long lasting however. Because within moments they could both hear Jaskir coming there way calling them both by name. "Geralt, Selene! Where are you guys?" Selene sighed and moved away as Geralt groaned clearly agitated by their night alone was cut short.

   Jaskir finally came out of the trees and crossed his arms. "So this is where you two went, without me as well." Selene was silent as she cleaned up and geralt shook his head. "Perhaps because we wanted an evening alone Dandelion. I haven't seen her in two years and wanted to spend some time alone with her. And get away from you and that song." Selene nodded. "It was a bit much, especially since I don't like having attention drawn to me."

    Jaskir blinked before he shook his head. "Selene, you don't need any help with drawing attention." She tilted her head at this having finally finished cleaning up and geralt shook out his cloak before he helped her stand. "And whats that suppose to mean?" "It means you're beautiful, you naturally draw people in." Selene just blinked and shrugged her shoulders. "I have to disagree." Geralt looked at her with a frown and realized he would need to talk to her about that later.

    "I'm serious Selene, And no Geralt I'm not flirting with her. You're oddly beautiful Selene, your entire persona draws people in, the mysterious air that just surrounds you, all the way down to the silver eyes." He shrugged. "But enough of that, we should get going, I was told wolves like to prowl the area at night." So with a sigh the three of them headed back to the local tavern to get rooms for the night.