Chapter 30

When Selene woke again it was morning and Geralt was still right beside her. Yet he was awake and simply watching her. "Finally awake huh? You slept through the entire day and night." She blinked before she sighed and sat up rubbing her eyes. Golden eyes watched her every movement with worry, he knew she was still messed up from that entire ordeal and he had no idea how to help her.

"You doing alright Sel?" Said woman didn't answer him. She just stood up, grabbed her bag and went to change. Geralt raised an eyebrow before he sighed and rolled out of bed, putting on a new shirt he waited by the door for her to step out from behind the screen.

When she finally came out in clean clothes and her swords strapped to her back did he nod at her. "Come on, let's go on a walk together." Selene simply frowned, she didn't wanna be around anyone, she just wanted to be alone so she could bottle everything up.

Shaking her head he frowned before walking over and grabbing her arm. "I am not letting you isolate yourself." She glared at him yet it lacked its usual venom. Glaring back he led her out of the tower and down to the Main hall. Walking past Vesemir and Lambert he pulled Selene behind him. "We'll be back." Vesemir looked up and frowned at this.

"Geralt perhaps you should give her some space. Yesterday was hard on her." He turned with a glare. "I will not sit back and watch her struggle, I will not watch as she tries and fails to fit broken pieces back together, and I won't let her pretend it didn't happen." Selene blinked at his outburst and it quickly shut up Vesemir.

Lambert sighed as he just listened to them, he knew Geralt had a point, letting Selene who was already in a delicate spot try to fix herself alone would be a bad idea. The girl usually bottled it up and it was unhealthy. "Let them be Vesemir, he has a point, Selene needs to come face to face with a harsh throw at reality, even though I hate saying it."

"I know, I just worry, she's my daughter weather we share blood or not. I should have never allowed...." "oh give it a rest, you got out voted and overruled. You had no choice. And since they're already gone I'm gonna say this bluntly. Geralt is the only one alive who can get that close to Selene." "What do you mean?" Lambert rolled his eyes.

"Honestly are you blind? None of us have ever been able to get that close. Not a single person has been able to hold her, to reassure her of anything, you might have been able to hold her at one point but once that girl learned how to defend herself she cut everyone off. Geralt fought that, he pushed until he worked his way past her walls and is now the only man alive who can bring Selene back from her own personal hell." Vesemir sighed before he nodded. "I get it, trust me I do, and it's so hard, it hurts to not be able to help her. But, if geralt can bring her back then I guess we just need to have faith in him." Lambert nodded before he went back to reading while Vesemir went outside. His only concern Now was fixing up some of the broken items.

Geralt and Selene were now walking along a path that led to one of the other locations on the island. Selene had simply remained silent while Geralt thought of what he could say to her. After a few moments he had an idea. "Selene." She simply looked at him. "I know it hurts, I know what you remembered hurt. But I want you to know it's gonna be okay. I'm here for you." Selene blinked before she nodded, her only sign so far of acknowledging him.

Frowning a bit he stopped as they reached the old watch tower. "I know they would prefer if I babied you, if I treated you as if you were made of glass, but that won't work. Because the more you let this hurt you, the more you dwell on it the weaker you become." She frowned at him this time, and finally spoke. "I am not weak."

He raised an eyebrow before snorting. "You are, you're weak, you're letting your demons win!" This was bringing back the anger and the hurt, emotions she didn't want. "What would you know about my pain!" "A hell of a lot if you actually talked to me!" She shoved him and started to walk back only for him to grab her arm and forcefully turn her back away. "When are you gonna stop with the damn pity party Selene?!" That did it, that broke her already fragile control and she punched him in the face.