Chapter 11

Selene sighed and after a few minutes stood up and made her way towards the door. Just as she reached the door and started to open it did it suddenly close again as Geralt stood behind her, his muscular form was right behind her and his arm blocked her only way out.

   "You said you wouldn't run." Selene sighed before she dropped her hand and shrugged. "I know what i said, I just didn't want to be in here anymore." He sighed as he gently turned her around and his golden eyes met tired silver eyes. "Selene, listen, I know something's wrong, even when you were around both Triss and myself you were closed off."

   She simply shrugged not having the energy to talk about it anymore. "That's not an answer Sel, let me help you." This made her growl and narrow her eyes. "I do not need or want help." He rolled his eyes. "And While I'm sure part of that is true I'm damn well sure it's also a lie."

    She shoved his chest this time trying to knock him backwards and it worked for a second before he caught both of her arms. "You can be angry and defensive all you want, but deep inside you want to let someone in."

    She snorted. "Why so I can only burden someone once I die?!" His eyes narrowed and without thinking he pulled her against him as he held her tight. Silver eyes widened and filled with tears before she shook her head forcing away the emotion. "Let go of me."

     "Not happening, not until I know why you think all that waits for you is a fuckin empty grave." She rolled her eyes at his tone. "It's true, that's all that waits for me. Because I damn well refuse to become important to someone let alone let someone become important to me!"

    His eyes widened and he stepped backwards in shock. "Selene..." she was gasping at this point yet she wouldn't meet his gaze. Her eyes were glassy, her emotions haywire, she felt out of control. "You...." she glared at him this time, cold hateful silver eyes met his yet he could see the tears she refused to shed. "Don't say it, please don't say it."

    He frowned this time as he watched a tear run down her face. Without thinking he reached over and wiped it away. That simple action however startled Selene and she looked at him shocked. "Shh, I won't say it I promise you I won't, but I also don't want you thinking you're alone. I don't like how you're so comfortable with the fact you could die."

    She looked at him as more tears ran down her face and he frowned as he kept wiping away the tears that had fallen and kept falling. "Come on, lets see if we can't get a room and talk at least with some privacy." She weakly nodded in agreement and allowed Geralt to take her hand and lead her to where the barmaid was. "I need Two rooms if that's possible."

   The woman looked up and gave him a sly smile as she spoke. "Of course that's possible handsome. We have two left, right down the hall on the left."

   Selene blinked and bit back a growl at the woman's flirtatious attitude. Geralt however was use to this Even if it did leave him feeling disgusted and disturbed. "Right well thanks." And with that he led Selene to the hallway and towards the rooms they had bought for the night. Knocking on the one at the very end of the hall he listened to see if anyone was in there.

    Yet only silence greeted him. "Alright, we can go in." Selene sighed but soon agreed and the two went inside closing the door behind them.

   Geralt looked around and stiffened, the room was nice but it smelled like someone had used it before them and he didn't like the idea of either of them sleeping in a bed that someone probably used but he knew Selene needed to rest. "Stay here for a second."

    Selene blinked as the smell hit her and she grimaced. "Disgusting." "I know."
He chuckled as he left the room only to step into the other one which thankfully didn't smell like musk and other unpleasant smells. Walking out he went into the room Selene waited in and tapped her shoulder.

   Turning to look at him she tilted her head but allowed him to lead her out and into the other room. Once inside he closed the door yet again and leaned against the wall as he looked at the woman before him.

    "It smells better in here, so we can sit and have that lil chat." Selene sighed before she nodded and removed her cloak. This simple action immediately caught geralt's attention and he watched. She worse a simple grey shirt and a pair of black leather pants, easily paired up with boots, he watched as she took off her fingerless gloves and lay them on the table beside her.

    Selene shrugged as she felt his eyes on her, moving on reflex she unclipped her swords and placed them against the wall before she turned to look at him.

   He smiled a bit at this. "Better?" She nodded as she still didn't speak. "Good, but you really are beautiful, muscles in all the right places from what i can see." Selene blushed a bit and looked away.

    "Adorable, but onto our conversation shall we?" Selene sighed before she sat down and looked at him. "Alright, ask. I'll answer as honestly as I can, and only share what i think needs to be shared. Sound fair?" He chuckles. "Of course Sel, I won't force you to answer anything that makes you uncomfortable." She nodded before she softly sighed. "Alright then Geralt, ask away."