Chapter 2

It was early the next morning when those silver eyes opened, dazed and disoriented she rubbed the sleep from her eyes and slowly sat up. Upon looking around she realized she was now laying beside a dying fire and across from that fire laid the man from yesterday. Confused and a bit wary she wondered why he was even helping her in the first place.

     Shaking her head she let out a shaky breathe and soon found her katana's which thankfully weren't far from where she laid. With the urge to run still very strong the woman stood and turned quickly before she moved silently through the snow, as far from this man as she could. Would she feel bad for not helping him? She would, but sticking around was an even worse idea.

      It was roughly a hour later when he finally woke up, stretching and rubbing his eyes. He looked over to where the woman should have been sleeping besides the now dead fire and he frowned when he realized she was gone. With a sigh he simply shook his head, he was used to girls running off and was almost sure they would cross paths once again.

    Once he finished cleaning up his make shift camp did he walk over to the fallen wolf and kneel down beside it. Opening its massive jaws he ripped out two teeth before cutting off a hand and a few other things he could use to prove that their issue had been taking care of.

    Walking over to Roach he climbed onto his back and headed back towards the previous town.

    Sometime later he had finally arrived back in the market and headed towards the tavern where he handed the stuff over to the man who hired him. Upon briefly being thanked geralt simply tuned him out, he could still feel the pull, and he knew eventually he would run into this woman once more.

   However since he had finally made some coin he ordered himself some food and ale and sat down somewhere in the back to eat his fill before he headed off to the next town.

   Selene was already in the next town a bit further away from the town he was previously in. She was blissfully unaware he was coming her way so she figured there would be no harm in stopping and getting in some more sleep and a decent or somewhat decent hot meal.

   Upon paying the woman for a room she decided against eating first in favor of some actual sleep. Turning on her heal she walked up the stairs towards the room that she was told to use. As soon as her head hit the pillows she was asleep, that was the horror of always being on the road after all, always running from place to place and never once lingering for longer then a few days. For once however she was blissfully asleep unaware of the man who was heading her way.

    Geralt however decided that he would eat and drink until he was content for the time being. With a soft grunt he stood up and walked out of the tavern. As he finally got outside he took in how the sun was just halfway in the sky and realized it wasn't even midday yet, popping his bones he quickly moved to where he left Roach. He hops on quickly before heading out and to the next town.

   He would often times find himself thinking about the silver eyed woman, who when she started at you, felt like she was staring into your very soul, like she could see what wasn't normally there.

    Shaking his head he tried to push her from his mind, she didn't want to talk to him, which wasn't normal, however he wasn't normal either. Shaking his head he could only hope he would run into this mysterious woman again.

    And no matter how bad he wanted to help her, she didn't want his help and that alone was obvious. However he was now thankfully arrive at the next town, when he faltered, he felt it. He felt the pull and he realized she had to either of been here or was still here. Urging Roach to go through the gates he looked around before he dismounted his horse and tied his reigns in one of the stables. Now it was time to find some actual work. Before he decided to eventually track down this mysterious woman.