Chapter 5

Geralt had just barely managed to dodge the oncoming striga and drew his sword, not to kill but so he could defend him self. The creature screamed and lunged itself at him once more, this time grabbing him and throwing him into one of the walls before picking him up and slamming him against it.

    Geralt groaned slightly from the pain and just managed to kick the striga off of him before he kicked it into a wall and grabbed his sword. It didn't take long for the striga to recover though.

    And when she did she lunged once more, this time the two ended up exchanging blows. This time they both went backwards and geralt once again groaned, he knew he would have several nasty bruises after this, he was thankful for the fact that his blood would help him heal faster though.

   That and he had to get back to her, back to the woman with the unusual eye color, the woman who avoided everyone yet at the same time drew him in. Why he didn't know and couldn't understand, but dying here was not an option for him.

   At that moment the striga shrieked and lunged once more This time she sent him flying down the hallway and knocking his sword from his hand.

    Dazed and disoriented he tried to grab the sword but was soon stopped as the striga landed on top of him snapping her jaws towards his face. Growling in the back of his throat he grabbed its head and pushed back before he formed a sign and pressed his hand to the ground destroying it with a strong force of magic.

   Both Geralt and the striga fell through and for a moment or two everything went black as they hit the floor of what appeared to be the basement.

   Groaning as he slowly came to he looked over to see the striga was unconscious and quickly drank an elixir before he stood up and limped over to the only exit and sealed it off with a magic barrier that only he would be able to remove.

    He slid on a pair of silver knuckles and turned to face the striga but didn't see it. He was suddenly on high alert. Looking around the room he wasn't prepared for the striga to drop from the ceiling and fly towards him shrieking.

    Quickly moving he slammed his fist into the striga's head and she screamed something awful as the silver touched her skin. Yet it recovered quickly and soon threw him into a pillar cracking it slightly from the force.

   However Geralt quickly recovered and that's when he noticed the sun was coming up and meanwhile the striga was currently trying to escape to the upstairs before it was zapped.

    The creature shrieked as the sealed hurt it and then shrieked again as it saw the rising sun. It was like it knew what that could possibly mean. With wide eyes he realized that the creature was going to attempt to return to its tomb and sleep once again until nightfall.

   Geralt refused to let that happen because he knew he wouldn't be able to keep this up. So with a mad dash the two raced to the tomb only for geralt to punch it in the head and knocked it side way.

   This gave him just enough time to climb inside and start pulling it shut. The creature screamed and jumped on top of the tomb trying to keep the top from closing but it failed as Geralt just barely managed to close himself in.

    Placing his hand on the top he created yet another barrier which kept it from opening and settled back with a soft sigh as he closed his eyes. All he had to wait for now was the three cries of the roster and hopefully the curse would be over. Closing his eyes he tried to rest while he waited and as the striga let out another scream, this time trying to find yet another way out of the basement without going into the sunlight.

    It felt like hours before he finally heard the final cry and all was silent, there was no more shrieking or howling only silence. And for once he was relieved, yet wary at the same time. However it was also possible that with the breaking of the curse the princess died, or the striga had indeed found somewhere else to hide. He carefully removed the top and climbed out before he looked over and saw a girl, no older then 14 years of age.

   Her hair was bright red like her fathers, pale skin, and she was covered in blood and goo, slowly he approached the girl. With caution he knelt down and saw that her hands were normal and so were her eyes, yet he wasn't prepared for what came next.

    The girl screamed and lunged at him, biting into his neck and it made him grimace with pain before he bit back in return. The pain startled her and she pulled back crying out and holding her neck.

   Geralt mirrored her, a hand covering his own neck as he glared at the girl. Hissing curses And barely managed to undo his seal on the door. At this point however the girl had passed out and it was now getting harder for Geralt to stay awake.

  And all he could think is, this was not how it was supposed to end...he wanted, no needed to see that woman one last time. Fuck he didn't even know her name. However his thoughts were cut short as everything went black.