Chapter 41

Everyone looked at both Geralt and Yennifer, yet Geralt only shook his head and walked over to Selene, his golden eyes locked onto her as he held her close. "Remember what we spoke about..." Selene smiled a bit and hugged him tight. "I know. She wasn't looking for you this time though." He pulled back raising an eyebrow. "Then who?"

    "I was looking for her." Geralt looked at Yennifer and frowned. "Why were you looking for her?" Yennifer almost smirked. "Jealous that I was looking for her and not you?" His eyes narrowed and before he could speak he was cut off. "Stop goading him Yennifer." Said woman rolled her eyes but crossed her arms. "No I just wanna no why you were looking for Selene."

    "Simple, I was returning something I found to her. I had to make sure first." Selene nodded confirming this as she showed him her grandmothers necklace. "Carla's necklace...." Selene nodded and put it away but not before she saw the pain in Geralt's eyes. "Geralt?" "I knew your grandma, when I started on the path the first time, I ended up in Vesina, she was sad and alone, she didn't know what happened to her granddaughter. I never asked for the name, but I spent that day with her. It killed me when I heard it had been destroyed by the war."

    He looked at Selene as he spoke. "But i can't imagine your pain, losing your grandma, never getting to reunite with her,  heading home only to see that the entire place had fallen to nothing." Selene nodded and looked down before forcing herself to calm down. "I'm sorry Sel." She shook her head. "It's...alright." He simply held her close and even Yennifer looked down. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stir painful memories." Selene shook her head. "You didn't know, and at least now I know shes at peace and buried along with the return of her necklace to me. You have my thanks."

    Yennifer nodded and waved goodbye before she walked off and headed towards the merchant. Selene looked at geralt and weakly smiled. "I promise I'm okay." He nodded and looked at Hattori who had a solemn look to his face. "My deepest condolences Selene, I've been to Vesina, before it's fall, it was glorious lively and known as the Oceans Storm." "That's correct, but now it's just a pile of ruins." No one spoke for a few minutes. "How much for her stuff?" "Nothing, it's already been paid for."

    "Sel, you could have waited." "I didn't pay for it, I also said meet me at the gate..." "I know but we finished early." She nodded. "So who paid for it?" "Vesemir and Letho." He chuckled. "Of course they would." Selene shrugged and looked at Dandelion. "You two ready?" "Yep." "Oh Hattori, I'll be back in the middle of spring okay?" "Of course, your sword will be completely redone by then."

   "Another sword Sel?" "No, He's repairing my other one." "Ah." And with that he handed Hattori a purse full of coin. "Here, advance payment." Hattori was baffled but accepted it slowly. "Of course, safe journey's, try to not get stuck here during the winter." "We won't, we have every intentions of making it to Kaer Morhen before that." He nodded before taking the sword inside. "You ready to go Sel? "I am, are you two ready?" "Yeah, the horses are already at the north Gate waiting for us." She nodded and followed them out of the market and towards the north gate.

    From there they would have to travel through Cintra, in order to even make it to the path of Kaer Morhen. "So, anything I need to know about before we get into some unknown trouble?" Geralt rubbed the back of his head and sighed. "Okay, I might have a child." Everyone froze at that, all accept dandelion who had been there, that day over 2 years ago.

     "I'm sorry you said what?!" He rubbed his head as he tried to explain. "Hold on Selene, let Geralt explain before you lose your shit." She nodded slowly and waited. "I claimed an old law, the law of surprise, that which you have but do not know yet. And it turned out that the woman and her husband who owed me something for breaking a curse, well she was pregnant." Selene blinked. "So you have a child of surprise."

   "That would be correct. I should have said so sooner but..." she sighed and covered his mouth with her hand. "But nothing, you weren't sure how to explain it, and I took off before it even happened." He weakly chuckled. "True, But I somehow got you tied into this mess." "Of course you did."

   "So you're not mad at me?" Selene simply stared at him, her expression blank and unreadable and for once he shifted with sorry, he didn't....couldn't afford to lose Selene because of what he did Two years ago. "Sel please...." she raised an eyebrow only to have her eyes widen in surprise as Geralt pulled her to him. "Please don't be mad at me...please.." at the pain and dimly heard desperation did she finally speak. "Oh geralt, geralt Im not mad at you. I promise."

   He looked down at the woman he held in his arms, and for once he trembled, her eyes were sincere, she wasn't mad, in fact she only looked worried. "When are we going to get the child?" He tilted his head. "Not yet, it's not time. She's not in danger." Selene nodded and looked at the sky. "Looks like it's the long way to Kaer Morhen everyone." He chuckled as he let her go. "Thank you." "Of course. Shall we get going now?" He nodded and with that, the three mounted their horses and began their long trip to Kaer morhen.