Prologue

The snow fell gracefully as my eyes followed them through the glass window of the cafe. I let out a sigh looking back at the entrance of the cafe waiting for him to be here.

Dragging my eyes back to the book in my hand, I read with my mind out of focus. I could hear the distant noise of people as I was sitting away from the crowded area. I reread the paragraph again and again as I failed to concentrate. My mind was continuously going back to the one thing that's been disturbing me for months now. Even my favorite book couldn't help me calm down and keep my mind off from it for the time being.

I finally gave up and closed the book. I adjusted myself in my seat, sitting straight gaining all the courage inside me. I need to tell him what I feel about us, about our relationship lately. Because I feel it's important for him to know everything is not fine anymore.

It's been months since I started to feel this, like he's drifting away from me. He has changed a lot, to an extent that I don't feel anything between us anymore. It all seems like a show, just for our parents to see we are together. I'm just tired of it and I don't want to be feeling this anymore.

I took a deep breath as I saw him making his way towards me. He was in his formal wear with perfectly gelled hair and polished shoes, it was obvious that he's  straight out from office. He stood out in the cafe and attracted quiet a few eyes. He looked handsome without a doubt but I didn't fall for looks, there was something about him which made my heart flutter every time I was around him but I didn't feel that anymore.

Ignoring the rapid beating of my heart, I forced a smile and waved at him. Vihaan gave me his sweetest smile which I adored the most about him. He took the seat across from mine when I was expecting him to walk up to me and kiss me on my forehead like he always do. I was disappointed, but not surprised. But, honestly I wanted him to be like the old times and give me a reason to hold on. It just hurt me a little more and made it more clear to me why I should do what I'm here to do. I don't want to live in disappointments and he needs to know that.

"So? What is it?" He asked by raising his eyebrows. I let out a sad smile.

"At least say 'hi' or anything else. Can't I just call you anymore?" I asked without hinting anything in my voice. Vihaan extended his hand and put it on mine.

"Hey, zee... I just asked as you called in the middle of work... That's all..." He said with concern, "I'm sorry if I hurt you."

I didn't look at him and fixed my gaze on the book resting on the table with a sad small smile playing on my lips. I refused to speak anything though there was so much I wanted to say to him right at the moment.

"Zee..." Vihaan said further as he shifted in his seat, "What's wrong? Just tell me?"

"Tell you? So that you can go running to my parents and tell them that something is going on with their daughter?" I asked giving him a sharp gaze. He was taken a back for a moment. I didn't regret what I said, because it's true. He has been more of a spy than a boyfriend these last few months.

"When have I..." He started but I cut him off. He doesn't remember? I felt some anger building in me.

"I thought you understand me, Vihaan. I thought you'll always support me in all of my decisions." I said being vulnerable which I hated the most. I wanted to be strong when I say this.

I stopped trying to contain myself and trying to put myself together. I heard Vihaan let out a sigh as he shifted back his hand from mine.

"Look if it's about career in writing then..." He said but I cut him off again by letting out a bitter laugh.

"Then my parents are right about thinking I shouldn't do it and instead focus on business, right?" I asked raising my eyebrows at him. I made sure that anger is visible in my voice and eyes. Vihaan looked at me with a blank face.