Chapter 40

Zivah's POV

I parked the car in the parking of Ambience Mall. It was the nearest mall and I was glad that I don't have to get stuck in traffic wasting my time.

Ali wanted to shop for Bua and herself but she anyway dragged me with her. Vihaan wanted that coffee treat so he tagged along as well.

Well, he was on cloud nine when I told him that Ved called to apologize. He was literally flying high in the sky and being loud. Even Ali and Tara got to know about everything and they started teasing me right away.

In all of this chaos, I had to stay up till dawn to finish my work. So I'm again sleep-deprived and all I wanted to curl into my soft bed but no one allowed. People are just telling me all kinds of work since the time I woke up at 7 freaking AM because Dadi couldn't see me sleeping peacefully.

I will just pour some hot coffee in Vihaan's throat so he will keep his mouth shut and will go home so I can get some sleep. Ali is anyway going to the salon with Bua once we are done buying a few stuff. I know that a few are just a foolish thing to say because I don't believe in those words at all.

Ali ran inside one shop holding Bua making her almost trip but Vihaan managed to get hold of her thankfully. Ali apologized for her immature behavior but Bua is sweetest.

I was about to make my way inside but my phone buzzed in my jeans pocket so I gestured Vihaan the same and took it out. I let out a sigh looking at the caller ID and pressed the green button. I guess mom is awake so early today.

"Hey, mom," I said in my lazy voice. I wanted to yawn but I controlled.

"How have you been?" She asked sounding plain.

"I'm good. You up this early? I mean it must be something around 6 in the morning there?" I asked looking at my watch. It struck 4 in the evening. God! It's already 4. When will I get sleep now?

People there will start working in the next 3 hours. I let out a sigh.

"Yes, I have to leave for LA to attend one meeting. I was waiting at the airport so I thought of asking about you." She said again and I could feel she was busy with something else.

"Okay," I said plainly not being used to her calling to check on me.

"So how is everything going?" She asked again not letting the conversation die.

"It's great actually. We are at one mall as Alizeh wanted to shop." I said.

"What about Vandana? I don't want to hear her nonsense." She said making me laugh. I am glad we at least have something in common.

"It's not just her, mom, but this time her daughter-in-law is with her," I said filling her up with details.

"Is Armaan engaged? When did this happen?" She asked with surprise. I shook my head.

"Apparently she told this to dad," I said.

"Oh, I'm not surprised that we didn't know about it." She said and I could hear the disappointment in her voice.

"How is the project going? Any obstacle or anything?" She asked going to her most favorite topic ever. I let out a sigh again.

"Nothing as of now. Everything is going smoothly. I solved a few doubts as well which the team faced and took a meeting for work tracking and stuff." I filled her up as a smile formed on my lips. I was proud of myself for handling things well.

"Good. Seems like you are getting used to a new role very well." Mom said.

"Yup," I said nodding and still smiling widely.