Chapter 17

Zivah's POV

I drove on the streets of Delhi. It was way too early for the traffic. Cody was looking outside of the window.

It's been a couple of days since I have been hearing all kinds of shits from my mother. There are only two topics, first is the company and the other one Vihaan and I don't want to talk or hear about any of it.

It made me feel reckless. I felt like I'm a big failure and the choices I have made are all wrong. It made me think and think and think about everything yet again. I started feeling depressed like all the happiness is taken away from me.

I drove some kilometers away as aunty told me the road. I took the turns as aunty finally told me to stop.

Your destination has arrived.

I parked the car and got off. I took Cody holding his leash and threw my backpack on my back. I also took the typewriter which I kept inside a bag in my free hand. I cleared the formalities to enter the sanctuary.

I chose this place yesterday after searching for a while on my iPad. It was the exact place which I needed the most at the time. I wanted to be out in nature. So specifically chose Bhardwaj Lake Asola which lies in New Delhi.

The place happens to be dangerous as it is not surrounded by people. Just a few. It was recommended to visit this place in bigger groups as locals keep roaming around the area threatening as well that's what I heard but I didn't care. It might cost me but anything would be better than sitting inside that big mansion. It suffocated me now, especially with my mother's presence there.

There was a small group of people nearby sitting near the lake. It was peaceful. The water inside the lake was crystal clear. I thought about swimming but nope I'm not going to that length and invite the danger by myself.

I placed the backpack on the ground after finding the shadow nearby and took out a mat from it. I placed it and got seated.

I looked around the place but still, it couldn't form a smile on my face. I took the typewriter out and loaded the page inside.

The kids were playing at some distance from me inside the lake. Cody went running behind a butterfly and started playing with water along with the kids who were surprisingly friendly with him. I guess their parents didn't let them get scared of dogs since childhood, unlike few others. I let out a sigh.

I brought out the mobile from my jeans pocket and checked it once but it was still blank. At least I don't see the notification I was craving to see.

Should I call again? I debated with my mind and heart. Why am I always the one in need, why I have to always take the first step and apologize even when it's not my fault? Why I am the one starting the conversation? Always... Why?

I gave in and still dialed the number. My heartbeat raised with the sound of each beep. Finally, there was silence as the tape spoke again.

I let out a frustrated sigh and hit the phone on the ground.

Why is he ignoring me? What did I do? Was I too much of a disturbance in his stable life? I shouldn't have shown too much of my feelings. Did he get scared and ran away from me? Did he also think that I'm a complete mess?

I held my head in both of my hands as I groaned. I took a deep breath and looked up wiping the tears from my eyes before they leave.

Ved, out of all?

I looked at the blank page which was shaking as the wind hit it mercilessly.

I put my fingers on the keyboard but couldn't think of anything. I need to get my mind off from my mom and the garbage my mom put inside it for the last 3 days.