Chapter 39

Zivah's POV

I hurried inside the cafe pushing the door hard. A few eyes looked up at me and I gave an apologetic smile. I adjusted my misaligned specs and side purse making my way further inside looking around to see the familiar face and I spotted her.

Renee put her hand up in the air and waved at me with a smile. I smiled and made my way towards her. I took out my purse putting it on the side chair and got seated. She looked ever so beautiful well dressed totally opposite to my messy look.

"Thanks, for coming," I said giving her a smile. She smiled sweetly at me.

"No problem." She said and called the waiter.

"I will have Latte," I said looking at the guy taking orders.

"I will go with the same," Renee said. He nodded and left.

"So tell me." She said adjusting in her seat.

"Sorry, there is too much rush in the house so I thought it will be good of us to meet out. I don't want to make Alizeh worry as well." I said shaking my head.

"I can understand. Don't bother." Renee said through a smile, "It's good, no?" I gave her a confused look as she chuckled.

"I mean we haven't really gone out like this. Neither has spoken without others around." She said. I smiled a little.

"That's true. So it's a good thing." I said with a nod.

"Definitely," Renee said letting out a laugh. I took a deep breath.

"I just wanted to talk about what happened the other day. Ved won't tell me anything." I said getting reckless, "Besides that, I don't know what is happening with Parth and Laksh. I just don't know anything." I finished looking at her with frustration.

The guy with a cap came again with our drinks and placed them in front of us. Renee gave him a smile and said thank you and she looked at me again.

"Relax, have some Latte first." She said. I looked at the Latte in front but didn't do anything.

I wanted clarity with the drama that happened the other day. I realized that I have no idea about things in detail. I just know a few bits and pieces of information regarding the whole thing especially the sudden break off between the best friends. As I have decided not to talk to Ved until he owns up his mistake and talk to me, I can't ask him about all this and even if I did I don't think he'll tell me. This topic only puts him in a bad mood. So the only one I could rely on is Renee, that's why I decided to meet her and get some clarity on things.

"I will tell you everything." She said further. I let out a sigh and took a small sip of that hot drink. I put the cup down immediately as my tongue got burnt.

"What did Ved tell you?" She asked again. I looked up at her.

"He just said that he knows that everything is his fault and Rupath's anger is justified as he cut himself from all of them," I said.

"That's true." She said shaking her head a bit and took a sip of her coffee.

"Although he didn't cut out completely. He was still in touch but rarely." She said. I gave all of my attention to her.

"But it was still okay as it's kind of known thing from Ved. He goes to... you know forest or mountains for days or months and we couldn't reach him but..." She said and stopped. I nodded at her looking carefully.

"Well, the band problems started and Rupath had no one to talk to. I was there of course but he needed Ved at that time more than anyone else. He tried to contact him through various means and stuff but got no reply from him." She said placing her cup carefully on the table after taking a sip.