Chapter 23

Zivah's POV

I got up to find Alizeh sleeping beside me. I sat on the bed for two minutes trying to register what happened last night. I held my head with both the hands as it was way too heavy with all the crying I did.

I don't even remember what I said or when I slept. I just sat there feeling empty. I don't know what to do. I don't feel like getting out of bed and go out. I don't want to see his face.

But I have to. That's the only way to cope with this. No matter how I feel I need to sort out everything. All of my emotions. I don't even know what am I feeling anymore.

Tears started to gather again but I wiped them and got off the bed with great difficulty.

I got into the washroom looking at myself in the mirror. I looked mess just like my mind. I have made everything way too complicated.

I moved the tap as the water started flowing. I took it in my hands and wiped my face. I took a deep breath closing the tap again.

I heard a knock on the door.

"Zee, you okay?" Alizeh asked in a low and concerned voice.

"Yes, I am fine," I said not meaning those words.

"I'm going to get changed." She said, "Come downstairs when you are done."

I didn't say anything and kept looking at my reflection.

"Zee?" She asked again with worry. I let out a sigh closing my eyes for a brief moment.

"I don't want to eat breakfast." I said in a low voice, "I'm fine."

I don't know why I felt like shit. Like someone soaked all the energy from me. I just want to sleep again and forget everything.

"Zee..." Alizeh said again from another side of the door.

"Don't worry. I want to stay alone, Ali." I said with a bit of irritation. I don't want to talk. I don't have that much energy.

"He will be living at the hotel." She said, "Don't worry."

"I don't want to face anyone," I said, "Please understand."

"Okay." Alizeh said, "I will bring something here."

I heard the door shut as I let out another sigh. I shut my eyes hard until they started hurting. I opened them again to see black in front of me.

How am I going to handle this? What is this feeling inside me? Vihaan. Ved. I don't know anything.

I guess Ved was right. There is still an invisible string left which is binding me to Vihaan. I can't just put him out of my life just like that. He was part of my life for some years now. I have loved him.

He was my first love, my first kiss, my first everything. I can't just forget him like that. There is something still left inside me for him. No matter what I say or think... I don't think I have been able to shut him from my life forever. There are still some feelings I feel for him.

There was still something I felt when I saw him first last night after 2 long months. I couldn't figure out what but I'm sure there was something. I'm damn sure.