Chapter 8

Zivah's POV

I sniffed hard as Alizeh started laughing her ass out sitting beside me. I rolled my eyes in irritation as I sneezed one more time.

I was damn sure it's in this yellow flower right in front of me. We were currently in the garden helping Dadi with plants. I don't know what exactly I was doing as I have never done gardening before. Dadi just gave me some fertilizer and asked me to put it in the soil after digging a little.

I did as told and put the soil back covering it again.

"Aww!!! Someone is way too fragile." Alizeh said in between her laugher. She was cutting the leaves or something which was rotten.

"Shut up, Ali!" I said with a great irritation rubbing my nose with the back of my hand.

"Don't trouble her, Alizeh," Dadi said coming closer with a concerned face. "I didn't know you were allergic to flowers?" She said further giving me a concerned look. I shook my head a little sneezing yet again.

"I'm not allergic to flowers, Dadi," I said sniffing hard. "I guess it's just pollens which went into my nose or something," I said pointing to the yellow flower as another sneeze left.

"It's worst," I said sniffing again and shaking my head a little.

"That's what it calls allergy, babe," Alizeh said giving me a fake smile. I threw an irritated look at her.

"I'm not allergic!" I said defending myself.

"Whatever you say," Alizeh said shrugging her shoulders and cut one tiny branch of the plant.

"Don't do that. You are hurting my baby!" Dadi shouted suddenly making us jerk. Alizeh looked at her immediately as she thought she did it wrong. But Dadi was shouting looking in some other direction.

We let out a sigh of relief. She was strict when it came to her plants. She treated them like her own babies. So we were a little scared especially me, who had no knowledge about anything regarding plants when she asked us to help out in the garden.

"I'll be just back, girls." She said looking at us and then back at the gardener, "Don't do anything wrong else I'll beat you up." She finished and left in another direction.

A few minutes went in silence as we got busy with the things in hand. I gave a lot of attention to my work in hand as I didn't want to face the wrath of Dadi. My mind was totally on digging the soil properly and putting in the fertilizer in the perfect amount as instructed. I don't think I ever did anything with such a high level of concentration.

"You getting along so well with Ved nowadays, huh?" I heard Alizeh as I finished putting the pesticide for another plant. I looked at her a bit confused as she changed the topic to something completely different.

"Yeah!!! He is a good company." I said shrugging my shoulders and looked back down at the plant.

"That's new to hear," Alizeh said again. I let out a sigh looking at her as I sat on the ground crossed legged. Alizeh sat beside me giving her all attention to me.

After that evening outing, I and Ved haven't met but we have been in touch constantly through text or phone call which is obviously noticed by my elder sister. She did keep teasing me about it but I brushed it off with an eye roll or just yelling at her to shut up but now I felt I should probably tell her what that friendship really means to me.

"I like being with him, Ali," I said with a small smile, "It's you know like..." I trailed off trying to find words to describe my feelings.

"Like I feel free when I'm with him. Away from all the restrictions. I can do whatever I want." I said as my smile widened with each of the words I spoke. I looked ahead of us, nothing in particular. Just remembering the moments and trying to put them into words.