Chapter 48

Zivah's POV

Ved and I made a quick visit to the designer as she wanted to confirm his fittings one more time. Today was an off from ceremonies and everyone was supposed to rehearse for tomorrow's Sangeet but before that Rupath has asked us to meet at his house.

We didn't involve Alizeh for obvious reasons so it's just the boys, Renee along with me and Ved. Renee called me in the morning asking to bring Ved along as Rupath and he is still grumpy with each other. God knows when those two will sort out the things.

Ved picked me up early in the morning as we already decided to visit the boutique today anyway. This just happened to be an extra plan. Thank goodness I don't have to explain anything much to Alizeh.

I took a turn as Ved was busy talking on his phone regarding his work and the next schedule to Austria. He was making plans with someone from the channel and asking them that he will send a detailed mail regarding the same.

I pulled the car over just inside the gate behind the rows of cars ahead. I guess everyone is already here.

Ved cut the call and put the mobile in his jeans pocket. I got out of the car and handed the keys to Ved.

"Looks like a house full here." He said locking the car.

"What might be?" I asked with nervousness.

"Let's ask them?" Ved said joining me on the porch. I nodded at him as we walked inside the house.

There were no sounds of anyone talking literally. I wonder why. When we reached the living room everyone was already present but the looks on their faces were not exactly pleasing. No one was talking to each other or even looking at each other.

I looked at Renee as she gave me a sad smile. Sonia was beside her. What the fuck is going on?

I looked around at everyone as my eyes widened. Randhir was here. Shit! It's related to the band. My heart pounded rapidly as I gave a small smile to Randhir which he returned.

"Ah, you guys are here," Parth said with a smile.

"Randhir, how have you been?" Ved asked walking towards Randhir as he hugged him.

"I'm well. Sorry, I couldn't meet you when you came back." Randhir said pulling away. He had a small smile on his face but he wasn't the funny Randhir anymore.

His attire itself spoke volumes. He was wearing a plain shirt and black jeans. His hair nearly cut and combed. His face clean shaven. He was looking like some dude in business with those square specs on.

"It's okay," Ved said with a smile.

"I see you both are back together?" Randhir said further looking at me and back at Ved.

"Yes, you can say that," Ved said with a smile and got seated beside Rupath as it was the only spot left.

I went and stood beside Renee and Sonia a little to the side from where boys were sitting.

"So yes, it wasn't needed exactly but explaining the same thing to everyone again and again was a little boring. Isn't it?" Rupath started with a small smile. He clearly looked sad.

So it's happening after all. The disbanding of The Heartstroke after almost a decade of their debut.

"Well, Mishka and Alizeh are missing, of course but I guess Zivah, Renee, and Randhir will take care of it," Rupath said again looking around.

"It doesn't matter anyway." He said letting out a chuckle. He took a deep breath before starting again.

"As you all know there were problems going on with us about what should we do about Heatstroke which we formed some 9 years back with so much love. But things aren't the same anymore as the love is gone." He said.