Chapter 44

Zivah's POV

I inserted a new paper inside my typewriter taking the old one out and placed it on the piles with others. I took my specs out and wiped the glasses putting them on again.

I started typing as a small smile started forming on my face with each work getting inked on the blank paper. 

I'm not the first person you loved. You are not the first person I looked at with a mouthful of forevers. We have both known loss like the sharp edges of a knife. We have both lived with lips more scar tissue than skin. Our love came unannounced in the middle of the night. Our love came when we'd given up on asking love to come. I think that has to be the part of its miracle. This is how we heal.

I'll kiss you like forgiveness. You'll hold me like I'm hope. Our arms will bandage and we'll press promise between us like flowers in a book.

I'll write sonnets to the salt of sweat on your skin. I'll write novels to the scar on your nose. I'll write a dictionary of all the words I have used trying to describe the way it feels to have finally, finally found you.
And I'll not be afraid of your scars.

I know sometimes it's still hard to let me see you in all your cracked perfection, but please know;
whether it's the days you burn more brilliant than the sun or the nights you collapse into my lap, your body broken into a thousand questions, you are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
I will love you when you are a still day.
I will love you when you are a hurricane.

My phone started buzzing loudly and I let out a sigh taking my specs out. I rolled on the bed putting the typewriter beside to get the biggest smile yet again. I pressed the answer button sleeping on my stomach.

"What's up?" I said cheerfully. Ved chuckled.

"I am good but you seem to be in the best mood today?" He asked. I could just feel him smile widely.

"Oh please, Kashyap. I am always in my best mood. It's just you make me feel angry and irritated and frustrated with the nonsense you speak." I said and rolled on the bed facing the ceiling.

"Well, I am glad that I am the reason that you at least experience some different set of emotions and have a roller coaster ride." He said chuckling as I rolled my eyes.

"You know that you are an asshole, right?" I asked and he let out a laugh.

"But what did I do to get this call from the great Ved Kashyap?" I asked dramatically.

"I thought you might be missing me so..." He was saying when I cut him off.

"I was and I was writing but don't worry it wasn't anything sad," I said with a full smile, looking at the typewriter beside.

"I am happy to hear that," Ved said.

"Aren't you coming today? I miss you." I said pouting. He chuckled again.

"Actually as the ceremonies are starting in the next 4-5 days, I need to buy myself some clothes to look presentable. I haven't attended a wedding this grand yet." He said. I frown at his sentence.

"Who cares, Kashyap if the wedding is grand or small. What matters is how much love that couples share and if they will be able to get through their time tests and still stay close and together." I said. He stayed quiet listening to me.

"I am going to have a close and simple wedding," I said with a shrug, smiling widely at that thought.

"Oh okay. I hope you do invite me though." Ved said making me irritated.