Chapter 45

Zivah's POV

The rush was too much today as there was Puja hosted by Dada and Dadu before marriage. Yes, the festivities will start in just a couple of weeks. The day is coming near and I don't know about Alizeh but it is making me anxious.

I was panicking and running around the house like crazy getting all the stuff and asking Guruji if he needs anything else. I already got ready in my salwar kameez as I don't want to waste time later on. There will be too much work and being the sister to be bride, I need to be present. Alizeh and Ahil are going to sit in Puja as it's basically for them.

Ved was also walking around instructing his team about everything as he held his own camera in hand. He looked dashing in the off-white kurta and pyjama. But I have no time to drool over him neither he has to talk to me. So I'll tell him that later when we will have our Sangeet practice together.

All the other people arrived already. Renee was helping Alizeh to get ready along with Tara. Sonia didn't come stating some reason and I hope that's not related to Ved anyhow. Kunal and Parth were helping me out and rushing along with me with preparations.

Laksh and Rupath were looking into something Dadi instructed. Vihaan was stuck with Ved as always. I still don't know how those two got along so well. Looking at them feels like they have known each other for the longest time.

I noticed Parth and Laksh ignoring each other. God knows what is happening but I got no time. I'm not selfish but I honestly don't have time in between running.

Cody was on loose, running around but as the function started and people started to pour in I took him to my room. People have different attitudes towards dogs and I can't take anyone hurting my baby in any way. So it was better to keep him safe in my room and he is the good boy that he is, willing stayed in, sleeping and playing in my room.

Dad called yesterday to tell that he and mom will be coming tomorrow. Just the thought of it scared me to death. I looked around to search Ved and I found him in no time as he talked seriously with one guy from his team. Just looking at him made me feel better. He is there with me. I am not alone.

What are you think Zivah? Hurry up.

Ahil's family arrived right on time. I adore these people. They never once were reluctant when the ceremonies were getting decided. They were equally excited and participated in all of the preparations for everything.

Sure the wedding is going to happen in both ways. All the ceremonies according to their rituals as well as ours. It's going to be hectic for Ali for sure to juggle with everything. But it's worth it as she is getting these people for a lifetime.

A couple of the moment sat before the fire as Guruji started with chanting mantras. I looked at Ali with a full smile. Even though it was just a Puja, it still made me feel emotional to see her along with Ahil. I shed a few tears and I felt a hand over my shoulder.

"She is not getting married right away," Ved said with a small chuckle as I pouted at him.

"I'm just emotional. I can't help it." I said putting my head over his shoulder. I didn't care about people around. He pulled me a little closer and rubbed my shoulder.

He stayed with me for some time but then the call for work came and I couldn't even stop him as Ali would kill me right away. So I just let him go.

Ali and Ahil were looking a million buck. The get-ups and jewellery were fine but the glow and happiness on their faces were priceless. They truly were made for each other. From beginning.

Ali was actually living her fairytale. She was getting married to the person she loved from her school. It's still hard to believe that. And I know a lot of people give them this shocked look when they mention how old their relationship is. I can't blame them either. In today's world, it's hard to maintain a relationship for so long. There are more failed relationships than successful ones but I'm glad my Ali made it to the list of few lucky ones.