Chapter 10

Zivah's POV

My whole room is looking like a big mess right now. I have notes, books, pens, diary, and what not on my bed. My poor little Cody is sleeping on the ground because of the shortage of place.

I took off my specs, massaging my forehead as I stared into my laptop screen. Microsoft word is still blank. I've been typing and backspacing it for the past few minutes. I have been sitting here, in my room, in this messed up condition for a couple of hours now but I can't think of anything. I referred to all the book I could carry here with me, I googled things, I checked my notes, I noted more points but I couldn't start with a single line of my book. I was clueless. I couldn't think of anything to write, I just couldn't find the inspiration or develop an interesting outline to start with. I was stressed out. I need to read something, something more.

I search for my mobile which was lying under papers. I dialed the number as soon as I found it. It took a good few rings before he finally picked up the call.

"Yes, ma'am," Ved said sounding cheerful from another side, "What can I do for you?"

"Ved..." I said pouting even when he can't see me. Ved chuckled.

"What happened?" He asked. I let out a sigh.

"It's not working," I said looking around at the mess and shifting my laptop onto the bed from my lap.

"And what's not working?" He asked. I let out a sigh again getting up from my seat.

"I don't think I'm capable of writing anything," I said sitting on the window sill and putting my head against the wall behind.

"You haven't even yet started, Zivah." Ved said, "How can you say that?"

"It's tough," I said genuinely.

"Who said it's gonna be easy?" He asked.

"But I can't even think of a single line to write. I mean I don't even know what to write." I said in a complaining tone, "I need ideas, a vision, a topic. I need something, Ved." The frustration I felt was clearly visible in my voice and I heard him let out a sigh.

"Hmmm... That you need to think by yourself." He said. "What did you think? One day you'll get up with some idea and you'll start writing and complete the book in no time?" He asked. I stayed quiet not knowing what to say. I know it's not easy but it frustrates me that I can't even think of an idea to even start the book. I felt defeated and lost. Ved let out a sigh again.

"It's a process, Zivah," He said further, "You will get there slowly. It's literature. It's definitely not easy." He said. I nodded my head in understanding forgetting that he can't see me.

"No one has written anything in a couple of months." He continued, "You'll need time to get there. A lot of it. So don't rush the things." He said pausing for a moment before he continued again, "Take your time to think. Zero down some thoughts. Finalize some topics you love. Make a plan. Draw outline. And then start writing." Ved finished and I wished him to just keep talking.

It was comforting. It was hopeful. I gave me the courage I needed the most at this time. It gave me hope to see myself with a future. I don't know how he did that but I was thankful for it. He is bloody good with those talks. I don't remember someone sitting with me and making me understand things like this.