Chapter 4

Zivah's POV

I pressed the red button of my mobile as the voice told me that apparently the person I'm trying to contact is not picking up my call. I assume he is busy or just not interested to talk to me.

I will be glad if it's gonna be the other case but I doubt that. I finally cleared up my messed up mind and gathered the courage to call Vihaan and tell him that it's actually not working and I need to put a stop on our relationship finally. I just need to be free for some time now and think properly without him being involved in my life. Else, I'm not going to reach on any conclusion no matter how much I think. I wouldn't be able to think of me without thinking about him. And like that, I'll be stuck forever.

Well, I'm not shutting him down completely. But I need to distance myself from him to be free. At the moment, our relationship feels more like baggage to me, it's holding me down from my freedom. And now I'm very clear about not wanting that anymore.

I want to give myself a chance to just experience the freedom which I don't know existed as I have been controlled by my parents since forever. I have never been single all my life. It has always been Vihaan. But I don't want that anymore. I don't want to keep him hanging and let him expect anything. Neither am I hoping to find love. That's the last thing on my mind. Right now, there are a lot of other things in my life that has taken the front seat.

Vihaan thinks that I will eventually go back to him, that this is just a small break which I need and nothing has changed which might be correct as well but I have figured this out after talking to Dadi that this thing is what keeps me tangled with him. This is the thing which is not letting me move on or think properly and that's why I keep thinking about him and our relationship all the time.

I now know that if I don't free myself from him now then I'll be stuck right here. As for the future, I have decided not to think about it and let time decide everything. I know in the end I will be going back to him. But to be sure about it I need to be away from him. I need to cut ties from everything to sort out for good.

I put the mobile in my purse and zipped it up. I looked in the mirror and let out a sigh. Tonight is the party night and I was supposed to get ready but here I am sitting in front of my dressing table in my bathrobe. I've wasted enough time in thoughts and trying to reach his phone. I really need to get ready now or I'm preparing for my death as literally, Alizeh would kill me.

I took off my specs and put on the contact lens before blow-drying my hair. I let it open and started with my make-up. Although I wasn't an expert at make-up, I can confidently say that I'm pretty decent at it. I never enjoyed it though, it's too much work and I only depend on it when it's needed. Like tonight. I went with light make-up as it suits my dress which I and Alizeh brought exclusively for the party. 

Once I was done with hair and make-up, I got dressed, put on a matching earring and I was done. I took a final look at myself in the mirror and I was satisfied. I checked my phone once again to see if he called back but no sign of that. I let out a sigh again and put my phone back in the purse and left to Alizeh's room wearing my heels.

"Ready for the party?!!" Alizeh shouted on top of her lungs as soon as I entered her room. She was looking gorgeous or rather sexy.  She decided to go bold with that green backless, thigh-length dress while I decided to stay a bit glamorous but classy. I didn't feel the need to be sexy as I was basically going with her to get drunk.

"Looking sexy, babe," I said giving her an impressive look.

"That I always do!!!" She said winking at me through her mirror as she applied her lipstick. I let out a chuckle and shook my head.