Chapter 47

Zivah's POV

I couldn't meet Ved yesterday. He just vanished. I called him but he didn't receive nor he called me back. I know what he might be going through and I just wanted to talk to him and apologize but...

I even visited his house but he wasn't there. I stayed there waiting for him but he didn't show up. I came home and cried my heart out hiding from everyone. I don't want to give any trouble to Alizeh and worsen her mood.

I cried and cried and slept just like that. The first thing in the morning I checked my phone but there were no notifications. I got panic. I didn't know who to speak with.

But it was about time to start with the Mehendi ceremony and I already slept for too much time. I should get ready and talk with Ved.

I hurriedly got up to get ready. I wore my beautiful grey lehenga featuring multi-hued flowers and other motifs embroidered to perfection. I paired it with a short choli and a breathtaking cutwork applique dupatta. I let my short hair open making them wavy and did my eye makeup keeping them basic and apt for the dress. I painted my lips in red, highlighting them. Once I was done with the whole thing I put on a matching earring, that's the only accessory I used for this look. I was satisfied with the way I looked.

I wasn't in a mood to get dressed up but I didn't have a choice. I need to be presentable before the guest as I'm the sister of the bride to be.

I ran downstairs looking around when someone grabbed me by arm. I stumbled but managed to stand straight.

I looked at Alizeh who had a big wide frown on her face. I threw a confused look at her.

"Where the heck were you yesterday? Why didn't you show up for dance rehearsals?" Alizeh shouted at me. I gave her guilty expressions.

"Neither did Ved come. Can't you two go on your date some other time?" She said with frustration. I let out a sigh.

"I wasn't on date, Ali and I haven't seen Ved since yesterday afternoon. He is..." I stopped not wanting to tell her about drama. It's her day and I definitely won't ruin it for her with my problems.

She deserves to be happy. These days won't come in her life again.

"Forget it. I need to talk to him." I said putting a smile. The look on her face changed. I hope she doesn't get me.

"Everything is okay? You don't look good." Alizeh said with concern as she held me and looked down at me.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." I said trying hard to give my fullest smile to her.

"Did Chachi or...?" She asked again suspiciously.

"No nothing happened. Really. I just got into a fight with him over the lamest issue. That's it." I said letting out a loud laugh trying to sound cool.

"Then sort out. I won't let you play with me Sangeet. We need to win." She said with a frown.

"Girl, we aren't going for war. It's just for fun." I said.

"Whatever I still don't like losing," Ali said putting on a face.

"I will be giving my best," I said putting the hands on my chest.