Chapter 55 - FINAL

Zivah's POV

8 Months later...

I looked in my watch impatiently as the lecture wasn't getting over. Some dude was giving a presentation. I adjusted my specs and looked at Francisca beside me, the girl who has been my best friend since the past 4 months of my master's. She gave me a small smile asking me to be patient. I let out a sigh and got comfortable in my seat again.

Yes, I finally got admitted to the masters, one of my pending dreams, four months back and it has been going amazingly great. I am loving every second of my life and I am enjoying it thoroughly. I took admission in Standford and Mom-Dad agreed in no time. There has been a lot of change in their behavior towards me in the past few months. They have been supportive of me and taking out some time to sit with me and discuss things. It's like we have put aside our differences and have adjusted with each other for each other's sake so in process we don't lose anyone. I'm glad for that. To see that they always cared and loved. After all no matter what they are my parents and I'm their daughter. I feel my life somewhat normal now. Like how I used to dream in childhood. Sure, the differences are still there and my parents still don't talk with each other much but it's their life.

Ved visited once when I was in New York on my birthday as he promised with my gift and Mom asked him to have dinner with us. Mom and Dad both talked to him randomly, smiling and it made me feel at ease. Bua made all of his favorite dishes as promised and no one minded anything. In fact, mom-dad enjoyed everything and said they haven't eaten this much of Indian food in a pretty long time. Ved has been like an angel in my life. Everything is going surprisingly well. I got admitted to masters which I kept on dreaming for a long time then my relations with mom-dad are changing positively, my book is almost complete and I am having meetings with publishers in the coming months.

I have taken off from full fledged work of my company temporarily as I can't handle for 2 years juggling between studies and work and book. I need to focus. I take some time off everyday from my days to roam in Standford and around it. I write and read and see if there is scope for editing in previously written topics of my long pending book. I am working on my university project, assignments, exams, and... In short, everything is going great.

Ved left for Austria after meeting me in New York in some 20-25 days after I left India. He came back after like two months but he was constantly in touch with me ranting about everything and him listening. It was all good until that jerk left for Iceland and didn't contact me for months. I was freaking out calling Rupath every other day and us discussing how to confront him for this.

I have gotten surprisingly closer to Rupath over these months. I make sure to call Renee and him at least twice a week just to stay updated on everything. Oh yes, I forgot to tell you that they finally got married before I came to Standford. I attended their wedding and met everyone again. It was a hella amazing time. The craziness is still intact in everyone and I am glad for that.

Parth is still the same sweet Parth and is still single of course. He has started his work in full swing. He sings but just his own written music and nothing else. He is still in Bangalore and nothing has changed. Last time I checked with Laksh was some two-three weeks back and he was still in his hometown which happens to be somewhere between Shimla and Ladakh. He has promised to sponsor the trip and I will be going once I am out of here.

Kunal has joined hands with Rupath again and they work together and create music and stuff. They recently held the concert in London and the crowd was going crazy. Last left Randhir, who got married to Mishka as promised and is working in the medical field. I have no contact with him and all I have heard is from Rupath or Parth mostly.