Chapter 25

Zivah's POV

I changed into my comfortable T-shirt and pants once we were downstairs. Everyone left in the night itself so it was just Ved, Rupath, Renee, and I. We had breakfast with Rupath bugging Ved about his future plans about marrying stating his own. Ved looked pure pissed and then, he took it back on Rupath by teasing him about how emotional he got about leaving him.

He blamed it on Renee and got an earful from her making me laugh out loud.

Renee went ahead with how he should be well behaved after their wedding and Rupath just listened to her. I guess I will meet Ved in a few months if they get married and then, they remember to invite me. But I don't know what my future holds so I can't be sure of anything.

But I still have a little tiny hope about Alizeh's wedding if she doesn't get a brilliant idea of marrying offshore. I let out a sigh thinking about my hopelessness.

We sat for some time in the living room as there was still time. Rupath made his point clear to Ved that he won't be letting him go anywhere before lunch.

So he had no other option but to listen. I sat next to Renee as Rupath and Ved were busy discussing something. She was telling me about how she comes to New York often for work or just to visit and shop. I told her about my life there and then we discussed the places we love.

"You won't be going soon, right?" Rupath asked looking at me. I looked at him from my conversation with Renee.

"I don't know." I said shrugging the shoulders, "Vihaan is here and..." I looked at Ved and pointed at him as I went on, "He is going too so I guess it's time for me to leave as well."

Ved didn't say anything as Rupath smile.

"Don't say that. You can come over here." Renee said holding my hand. I gave a genuine big smile to her.

For a reason, I love spending time with this girl. She might be 8-9 years older to me but she still has that nature where she can just mingle with anyone. I didn't even feel this age gap ever while talking to her.

"Of course, I can but it's better if I busied myself in work now," I said. Renee and Rupath nodded their heads.

"Mom and Dad also want me back. I have got a legal notice that if I don't show up until next week then they would take action on me for my irresponsible absence." I went on after taking a sigh.

"Are you serious?" Rupath asked letting out a chuckle and giving me unbelievable expression. Renee had her eyebrows raised as well. Ved smiled looking at their expression along with me.

"Yup," I said nodding.

"But Zee, isn't it like your Dad's company?" Rupath asked again.

"Well, my grandparents made the rules when they formed this company. Those are the same for everyone working inside that company." I said, "No matter whose daughter or son you are, you have to start from the base and follow all the rules. My parents, Alizeh's parents, and even my Bua followed those so us grandchildren have to as well." I finished with a shrug.

"That's cool, actually." Renee said nodding, "It should be same everywhere." Rupath nodded as well.

"I am going to visit you when I will be in New York," Rupath said narrowing his eyes.

"Definitely and my parents wouldn't object seeing the fame you two have," I said letting out a laugh. Those two chuckled shaking their head as well.

"So you are saying I can't come?" Ved said finally raising his eyebrows.

"I would leave everything and come to you, Kashyap. If that's needed anytime." I said dramatically throwing my hands in the air. Rupath and Renee chuckled as I let out a laugh. Ved shook his head giving me a look.