Chapter 50

Zivah's POV

Tomorrow is the day! I am so nervous and excited. My Ali is getting married to the love of her life. I can't believe the girl who would shut her ears tight and walk out of the room just on the utter mention of the word wedding is getting married tomorrow.

I am appointed to watch the Haldi preparations which will happen tomorrow morning followed by the wedding in the evening. And then I will fly to New York in the next two days. Ved and I have a long day coming for us as well. I let out a sigh.

Tara came along with some decorative stuff and kept on one of the tables. She looked at my thoughtful face and raised her eyebrows in questioning.

"Just thinking about everything," I said letting out a sigh.

"One will be Alizeh, then?" Tara asked crooking her eyebrows.

"Then me and Ved," I said shaking my head a little.

"What about it? Distance?" She asked. I let out a laugh.

"More than the distance, my parents," I said. Tara gave me a confused look.

"Why would they mind? I mean he is independent, self-made, earns well, and loves you. What else?" Tara asked with wrinkles on her forehead.

"That's what I don't get," I said letting out a small laugh as I shook my head a little.

"Don't worry. It will be fine." She said further as I nodded.

"I guess we are way similar in many ways." Tara putting a smile on her face. I gave her a questioning look.

"How?" I asked.

"We have a deep love for programming..." She said dramatically. I widened my eyes.

"You are into development?" I asked getting excited.

"I absolutely love that. I have been a hacker." She said winking at me. I do not believe it. She could have been my best friend if she would have told me this before.

"Wow, girl. I didn't know else I would have learned so many new tricks." I said giving her a full smile. She chuckled.

"Hold on. You did an MBA?" I asked crooking my eyebrows.

"Yeah, because it's a fad, no?" She said with a shrug. I nodded in understanding.

"Doing an MBA once you graduate. I went for it too. Following everyone." She said further.

"But I don't regret as I anyway want to start my own business so that was needed." She said again. I gave her a smile.

"Work with me. We will kill it." She said again with a wink. I let out a laugh.

"Let me complete my masters then we will see," I said.

"What else?" I asked again curiously.

"Besides, I love literature." She said. I opened my mouth wide. She is me!

"The fuck?" I shouted totally excited. Why didn't we have this conversation before??

"But I am just a reader not more than that." She said. I shook my head again.

"And our choices in men are similar." She said again with a small smirk.

"Huh?" I asked absent-mindedly.

"I know you are Vihaan's ex." She said taking me off guard.

"Oh," I said getting a little awkward with that reference. "I am glad you are cool about us talking," I said genuinely. She gave me a smile.