Chapter 16

Declaimer-
The scenes given in italics are from the past while the normal font is for the present.

Happy reading 🤗

---------------------------------------------------------

Zivah's POV

"Why are you here?" I gritted my teeth as soon as Mom entered the room, closing the room behind. I got up from my bed putting my book aside and gave her a straight face.

"Stay quiet." Mom said hissing at me, "You don't have to make a show here." She said lowering her volume so that it will be heard by just me.

"It's strange. How I am the one making a show here." I said letting out a dry laugh.

"Your dad was actually right and for the first time ever I do agree with him." She said. "Sending you to India was the biggest mistake we ever made." She said further crossing her arms over her chest.

"Right." I said shaking my head absent-minded, "Everything is my fault." I finished in a low voice as I looked at her.

"I hope you haven't told them anything about us." She said stopping a little to find some correct words, "I mean..."

"You mean how perfect our family is?" I asked being sarcastic. I felt disgusted by her. How can someone be so pathetic, shameless?

"Zivah..." She said making her voice aloud.

"Don't worry. I haven't told them anything yet." I said smirking at her. I know she can slap me at any moment that's how pissed she looked back at me.

"Anyway, you didn't answer my question," I asked further raising my eyebrows, "Why...?"

"I'm here to check on you." She said in a plain tone and I let out a laugh again.

"You couldn't call me all these days but you thought of dropping here directly?" I asked challenging her.

"I was in London." She said moving in the room looking around, "Handling important project. Do you have any idea if this meeting succeeds then how beneficial it will be for our company?" She asked stopping in middle and looking back at me. I stayed quiet, fuming.

"But no..." She said letting out a chuckle and shaking her head, "How can you understand this? You are busy wasting the time which you could utilize in shaping your future." She said stopping in front of me.

"It's strange na, mom?" I said. She raised her eyebrows being confused.

"How you started giving me a lecture about money right away. Without even bothering to ask how am I doing?" I questioned with a sad voice. That didn't make a change in her expressions. She kept looking at me with irritation.

I should have known... Who am I kidding, after all? She has never shown affection towards me, which made me think that she will care now.

"No one even once asked me about it," I said even though I knew she didn't give a flying fuck about it. I just couldn't hold it in.

"Don't be dramatic." She said getting annoyed as always.

"I'm not coming back with you," I said and moved away from her. "I have already talked to Dad and he said I can live here for a month," I said folding my arms and looking out of the window.

"I'm very well aware of this." She said grabbing my attention.

"Strange." I gave her an impressed look.